Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by badboy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Pol-Alexandre

Pol-Alexandre MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2015
    At present, the Insiders version (10130) is still limited to Oct 2, 2015, whatever is said or written !!

2. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Then they need to come here more often, as they clearly have no idea the developers here 'Love' a challenge.
    OK, maybe not, best they stay away and live in ignorance. :p

Which is why they are now forcing everyone to upgrade from inside their originally installed OS.

I remember one of the posting that MS couldn't ask for COA keys, looks like his was right. ;)

3. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #43 Don, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    This whole insider thing has taken a weird turn for me...so..if you stay opted in you will continue to receive test builds and they will stay activated as long as you use your insiders msa whether or not you had a legitimate underlying os or not. Does that mean the RTM they can you is a test code version of RTM with all the logging functions I am sure must be in there or is it the same RTM you will get if you were never in the program to begin with? It will be interesting to see if somebody does a code compare and what the results are if they do.

I can partially answer this myself because it can't be exactly the same as there will be the options of fast, slow, on or off for getting new builds...the question is what else is different?

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    [h=2]The bottom line[/h]Can you get Windows 10 for free if you have a non genuine license by joining the Windows 10 Insider Program?
    The answer is kind of.
    You will just have a more frequently changing build of Windows 10 and you will have to keep track of builds, ISO’s updates and refreshes. A lot more work than genuine valid clients will have to do.
    Some people will still put up with all that to get Windows 10 for “free†but it definitely seems like it’s not going to be as hassle free as people thought.
    Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I'd say they'd be the same images. Ever since Vista, all the SKU's have been in the same image and appear to be installed on the system. The reason I say this is I (like many others) have done 'Anytime Upgrades' on systems that weren't connected to the Internet and had no DVD in the drive.

So depending on which SKU gets installed, or which Key type is used, and/or what MSA is used. Deferent features are either turned on or off. e.g. Domain Joining, Delaying/Stopping WU, Fast/Slow ring switching.

Or at the very least the SKU/Key/MSA combo could trigger different WU downloads Which would add/remove features from the standard install image.

6. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008

I'm sorry Lobo, but you can pretty much do that with any version of Windows since Vista.

Grab an DVD and install your chosen OS, 30 days later 'Re-Arm' 30 days later 'Re-Arm' 30 days later backup and 'Re-Install'
    Your just Keeping track of your install and re-arms, Instead of keeping 'track of builds, ISO’s updates and refreshes.'

Either way its to much hassle for most people. ;)

7. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #47 Don, Jun 23, 2015
    Ok, but what is the keytype for an invalid underlying version of windows? I plan on opting out anyway it's just a matter of whether I do it before or after the 29th. My pcs will eventually get upgraded anyway and I think I will wait and see what happens after that date for people on the insiders program. One of my thoughts or concerns is that within a week or two after rtm they will be pushing out another new build which could be buggy as hell and who wants that stuff being installed on their everyday PCs?

Then again I will just join with a different msa and use that for developmental builds and keep my normal id for my regular stuff.

8. vipanonymous

vipanonymous MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I wasn't able to find the certificate SLIC for my OEM machine (POSITIVO.xrm-ms). And i couldn't get it by their contact phone either. They don't have my data in their base anymore, my pc is outdated, and i probably wiped all the recovery partition (Wich i did not there's almost 1gb partition that i can't touch).

I'm running a Core i3 550 (First Generation) 6GB RAM e 8400GS NVIDIA.

I'm giving up. Going back to the dark side.

The most depressing part is that my sticker is only missing the first five numbers. :death:

9. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Maybe try Daz's Loader. I didn't know the loader activates legit installs too.

10. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  12. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    #53 Wazoo, Jun 23, 2015
  13. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
  14. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I agree with you, at first I was going to try being a Insider, but now no, put 8.1 Pro back on partition, waiting on RTM:D

15. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014
    #56 vipanonymous, Jun 23, 2015
    Trying to run slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\Positivo.xrm-ms:

"error 0xc004f01f on a computer running microsoft windows non-core edition run slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f01f to display the error text"

:flag:

EDIT DAZ Loader WORKEDDD!!! My OEM Key is back THANK YOU!!!! :worthy: Now let me get my Windows 10.

16. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    'slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f01f' shows 'Invalid License' :g:.

17. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014
    Yes! Now i'm kind of worried, cause i don't know if DAZ Loader reinstalled my OEM Key or just cracked my Windows. hahah The key doesn't even match with the leftover of the faded sticker.

18. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    If you have a valid SLIC then DAZ Loader will just install the certificate+key for you, the key on your sticker is a COA key which is different.

19. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Generic OEM:SLP key and the one from COA are completely different things :cool2:. The latter is more kinda Last Resort.