[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
    Got, but I runnung a bit out of upload space,so posting now only FF00.

2. Warkratos

Warkratos MDL Member

May 14, 2015
    can u share the FF10 versions with me please? or at least the FTP site so I can download?

3. alanfox2000

alanfox2000 MDL Member

Dec 25, 2015
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    thanks dude for the update, but Realtek updates the drivers every day because yesterday I installed version 6.0.1.8541 WHQL and today is already another my God ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. devilhood

devilhood MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    #393 devilhood, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    I have a question for those who are using the UAD package.

Is there any difference between the RealtekASIO vs the Legacy version?

Specifically, I noticed the absence of a working ASIO Control Panel in their legacy packages, which means that it does not have the required level of support for audio production software without the use of ASIO4All or another third party ASIO driver. I find it interesting because for the official ASUS Legacy package that I'm using, there is RTASIOCP64 and it is 2,5 MB in size, which isn't exactly small. Redundant?

Thanks for all the driver updates.

Just made the jump from Legacy to UAD to find out myself. Compatibility overall seems better across most music apps. The Realtek Audio Console could be better, like how the SPDIF output finally has an EQ that works, except it is weird that I can't control the EQ for the jack output on the same control panel.

Rather oddly, Cubase 9.5 locks the hardware to 44100 Hz when using Realtek ASIO, but other apps like Adobe Audition do not have this limitation. The Realtek ASIO Control Panel also seems to convey incorrect information about the currently used sample rate.

RE: Realtek Audio Console, there is a typo with the word "Performance", which is written as "Performace", under the Amplify Level dropdown. It seems like their QA department were too busy eating lunch to spot that glaring mistake!

Not sure if it is a driver specific issue, but the app can sometimes get confused between the two designated outputs too. Case for replication: Play an audio file and then adjust the speaker output volume from the Windows Volume Control. This is what I did, and strangely it got stuck trying to decide between the standard and SPDIF output. Fix: Disable the SPDIF output.

Spec: Win10, ASUS Maximus X Hero, 6.0.1.8543 UAD Driver.

It's pretty interesting that both the UAD and Legacy driver have such active support with new versions being released almost every few days. A developer changelog would be asking too much Realtek?? :D

6. hujan86

hujan86 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    What does SVF stands for?

7. devilhood

devilhood MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    #400 devilhood, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018