[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
  2. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
  3. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    ultimate fraud, false, scammer sharing site: mirrorace.com

4. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
    ----

5. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Do we have an UAD for this RS5 supporting driver?

6. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

UAD drivers are compatible with Windows 10 1809 / RS5 / 17763 since 6.0.1.8557 drivers
    HDA drivers are compatible with Windows 10 1809 / RS5 / 17763 since 6.0.1.8564 drivers

7. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Do we have any sort of source for this? When Nvidia releases a driver for a new OS, they have it on the release notes.

UAD drivers are compatible with RS5 since far earlier, I used .8536 I believe just fine for weeks until 2-3 days ago.

These driver "releases" are incredibly annoying.
    - there's never any release notes
    - never a changelog
    - the builds are not regularly containing UAD
    - the posting format changes all the time, we used to get UAD drivers for a number of boards, not anymore

There's like never a reason for these releases and never a justification. Just increased build numbers without us ever knowing what's changed.

These drivers simply don't make any sense.

8. hujan86

hujan86 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    How is it a fraudulent site?

9. devilhood

devilhood MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    #457 devilhood, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    After doing some investigation, I have come to realise that most Realtek changes between driver versions seem to be relating to bugs and hardware conflicts, specifically pertaining to laptop and OEM users. They also include support for completely new hardware or revisions to the SupremeFX/Realtek chip etc.

E.g. Fixed a bug with jack sensor not functioning if laptop is woken from a sleep state.

This also explains why certain manufacturers do not package every new Realtek release. It is because each new release does not necessarily relate to your hardware configuration.

I cannot vouch for how rigorous the Realtek developers and QA team are, so staying up-to-date could mean that you potentially experience regressions in the driver. When I say regressions, I mean that old and new bugs can appear because it is very unlikely that they test all of their general improvements across every OEM configuration or revision of their chip.

Sound quality is also not affected, and anyone noticing a difference is almost certainly experiencing a placebo, or is simply not aware of post or pre-processing features being "reset" from one update to the next. E.g. the amplification level via the Realtek Audio Console application is the single most powerful feature for my ASUS Nahimic setup. It is supposed to change depending on the detected impedance of your speakers or headphones.

A lot of people overlook this setting and make comments like "Wow I can really hear the background guitars clearer, and there is way more punch", which can of course be explained logically, and it is not because of a driver change. It is because the amplification setting changed from "Performance", or whatever it was before, to "Extreme". HUGE impact in how things sound, particularly if you're wearing headphones.

10. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    This is most definitely true, posted about this myself on another forum. I worked as an audio engineer and still have my room acoustically treated. Using Yamaha HS80Ms studio monitors and have some older audio interfaces from RME and Focusrite that I am no longer using because of compatibility issues and well, the sound is actually hardly different compared to the onboard alc889 or whatever I have. I've even tested it on friends and other guys that work on audio and they could never tell the difference properly.

11. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    i have clicked 20 times or more. no download from mirrorace.com, only popups.

12. alanfox2000

alanfox2000 MDL Member

Dec 25, 2015
    #460 alanfox2000, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018