[Update - V56] Visual C++ Runtime Installer by burfadel

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by burfadel, Apr 27, 2015.

1. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
  2. wilenty

wilenty MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2014
    It's already updated: 67 two days ago, after @abbodi1406 post new '17 links, then i create OneDrive account to share it, but i don't want break @burfadel work, because she/he don't post any news...
    (@burfadel don't give up, we only try help U)

3. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    Totally understandable. Still hope they come up. I always use their package with almost 0 issue.

4. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    #164 wilenty, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. hanschke

hanschke MDL Senior Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I only got the restart "feature" on a clear windows 10 and after the restart the install dont work and after 5 times I have deleted the setup!

6. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    As you wish, I can remove this, but remember that I did not decide so, just OWNER @burfadel , and You should be wary of me, I just modified the script and the installer. (LINK: #127)

All YOU have to do, is say: I'll ask you to remove this feature.

It's embarrassing, I do not expect anything more, but remember that I've spent some of my time doing it the right way, and for that the initiator dropped out on us, we do not know what for!

Would You appreciate it?

P.S.
    Or else ... it can take the original installer and rebuild it so that it works just like mine without looking into the code of my modified script. You will see how simple it is, since the owner do not do it for a long time.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @wilenty

Can I ask you to start a new thread? I do believe if you maintain your own thread things won't be messed up and people wont' get confused.

Hint: Visual C++ Runtime Installer by wilenty

:cool:

8. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    #169 wilenty, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Thank You for the nice word and positive evaluation of my "hard work". ;)

Moved: LINK

9. hanschke

hanschke MDL Senior Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I'll ask you to remove this feature and please tell me how to get it :)

10. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    Great idea, I say.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Ask for burfadel's permission. Either he responds or not, open a new thread, then rename your script to whatever you like. giving him all due credits.

12. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I noticed that as well today, wasn't there earlier. There seems to be dud entries in the registry for pending operations, and since they are non-functional no action is taken, and the entries remain. I've therefore added an ignore option on that error screen :).

In terms of removing old updates and blocking certain new installations of old updates, I think I have a solution for that, but I will test it properly before putting it into the script.

13. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2014
    burfadel, thank you for your hard work, I really appreciate it, but do you mind uploading it to another server? When I try to access onedrive or 1drv sites I´m not able to.......I always get "Hmmm...can’t reach this page" and I´d tried with GC, FF, Opera, IE, Edge browsers.
    TIA

Alx

14. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #177 LostED, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    That's weird. From an elevated command prompt, run the following:
    Code:
    netsh.exe int ip delete destinationcache
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /registerdns
    Wait a couple of minutes, try again. See if that helps :).
    If it doesn't I'll upload it elsewhere. Not sure if my other accounts are still even open. Originally started with mediafire and that site seemed to go downhill. Also they were blocking everything, even the Windows update installer script when it was useful (when there were hundreds of updates). I queried it with them and they said too bad, complaints given, so they act. I then went to dropbox, but the number of downloads meant that after a short time the download was temporarily disabled, so I gave up on there as well! They did have a good direct download method though. Onedrive has been the best one in terms of ongoing availability and reliability.

16. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Google Drive is working fine so far, even with uBlock Origin in the middle. OneDrive was good last year but this one became a sluggish and hard to make it work cause uBlock Origin stops outright many scripts and third party connections.

17. Loggan08

Loggan08 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2017
    When installing an updated vcredist it automatically uninstalls the older one for me, I've also created something like this but in Cpp, also does DirectX unblocking.

mobasuite.com/