(Updated on 20260928) Win7 Modified Drivers Collection for New Hardware

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by EFL, Jul 5, 2026.

  1. EFL

    EFL MDL Junior Member

    Jun 28, 2025
    66
    77
    0
    #1 EFL, Jul 5, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2026 at 07:55
  2. alzcoew397

    alzcoew397 MDL Senior Member

    Oct 6, 2018
    498
    248
    10
    wifi 7 will be added you think?
     
  3. EFL

    EFL MDL Junior Member

    Jun 28, 2025
    66
    77
    0
    Wi-Fi7 based on WdiWiFi have been supported already, such as BE200. But whose drivers based on wificx are not supported and porting them are difficult.
     
  4. canonkong

    canonkong MDL Junior Member

    Jun 26, 2020
    69
    167
    0
    For Wi-Fi 7, only intel BE200/400 series, MT7925, RTL8922AE Wi-Fi 7 cards can work on win7.
     
  5. Aoba

    Aoba MDL Novice

    Jul 26, 2026
    1
    0
    0
    Will there be RTL8852AE? I mean I could IDA, but I never modify drivers before.
     
  6. EFL

    EFL MDL Junior Member

    Jun 28, 2025
    66
    77
    0
  7. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
  8. EFL

    EFL MDL Junior Member

    Jun 28, 2025
    66
    77
    0
  9. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
    #9 James Bond 007, Aug 12, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2026
    I see. So I will have to try the USB3 drivers on my system myself to see if they work. I suppose those drivers would work to activate the USB ports on modern Intel systems running Windows 7 then.

    Well, for me, I used CSM and not UEFI to run Windows 7. Before installing canonkong's AMD USB3 drivers (and of course after replacing acpi.sys), Windows 7 booted into the desktop successfully (but of course the CPU USB3 ports were unusable) with all other drivers working, including the Nvidia drivers for the 750 Ti. It was just after installing canonkong's drivers and restarting that Windows 7 froze at the "Starting Windows" animation.

    So I was forced to conclude that canonkong's drivers while successfully activated the ports had the unfortunate side effect of making Windows 7 hang at startup. But I agreed that there might be other drivers at play here, which would be difficult to analyze.

    Meanwhile I would refrain from installing canonkong's drivers from that post, at least that way Windows 7 would boot and work fine on the system, albeit with loss of functionality of 4 USB3 ports at the back. I should add that both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 1809 LTSC worked correctly on that system, and it is only Windows 7 that has problems.
     
  10. canonkong

    canonkong MDL Junior Member

    Jun 26, 2020
    69
    167
    0
    If your mainboards is ASUS, Enable Precision Boost Overdrive and Disable PBO FMax Enhancer in BIOS, because ASUS will freeze when booting if using the win8/10 port driver on win7.
     
  11. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
    Thank you for your suggestion, canonkong. My test system is currently disconnected and I will try later.

    However, if I remember correctly, there is Precision Boost Overdrive in the BIOS but I do not recall seeing PBO FMax Enhancer. Do I have to enable Precision Boost Overdrive in order to see PBO FMax Enhancer?

    So I gather from your response that in order to use any ported USB drivers in Windows 7, I will have to do the 2 settings since otherwise Windows 7 will hang because my motherboard is Asus.

    If I decide to use a Gigabyte motherboard (I also own two other Gigabyte AM4 motherboards : B450M DS3H WiFi and B550M K), should I not be affected by this Windows 7 freezing issue?
     
  12. canonkong

    canonkong MDL Junior Member

    Jun 26, 2020
    69
    167
    0
    Yes, only ASUS AM4 mainboards has this bug.
     
  13. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
    #13 James Bond 007, Aug 17, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2026
    I have looked at my two Asus AM4 motherboards, the B450M-A and the B550M-A, and neither of them have the PBO FMax Enhancer setting in the BIOS under the Precision Boost Overdrive setting when paired up with my two CPUs, the Ryzen 5 4600G and the Ryzen 7 5700G.

    I now suspect that the availability of this setting is dependent on the CPU installed and/or the motherboard. Perhaps it is only when I install a X CPU like the 5700X will that setting show up? Or is it that the setting is only on X470 / X570 motherboards?

    Unfortunately simply enabling the Precision Boost Overdrive setting in the BIOS does not help in my case. Windows 7 still hangs at the "Starting Windows" animation after installing your USB drivers.

    I will find time later to test my Gigabyte motherboards with my CPUs to see if Windows 7 will work correctly with them and your USB drivers.
     
  14. EFL

    EFL MDL Junior Member

    Jun 28, 2025
    66
    77
    0
    If Win8 / Win10 universal XHCI drivers can't work, maybe we can try to port its original Win10 drivers.
     
  15. yoloboy2001

    yoloboy2001 MDL Novice

    Feb 27, 2023
    47
    42
    0
    Hey. I’m relatively new to this thread and wanted to ask if anyone could help me out. I own an ASUS F751MA from 2014—actually my first laptop. It has a Celeron N2840, 16 GB of DDR3 RAM, and came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. I know the hardware isn't exactly brand new, but back then, it was already "too new" for Windows 7. Every installation attempt triggers an ACPI 0xA05 error. I’ve tried everything so far—CSM, updated Windows 7 installation media, etc.—but nothing works. The BSOD occurs during the reboot phase of the installation. Any tips?
     
  16. pm67310

    pm67310 MDL Guru

    Sep 6, 2011
    3,935
    3,223
    120
    Use modded driver or modded acpi or use csmwrap
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
    #17 James Bond 007, Aug 25, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2026
    Hello canonkong.

    I have moved the 4600G and the GTX 750 Ti to a Gigabyte B550M K motherboard and tested this combination by using the image backup I created when configuring Windows 7 with the ACPI fix on the Asus B450M-A with the 4600G (but not installing your USB3 drivers as they will cause that startup hang with the Asus motherboard).

    I am happy to report that just as you said, the Gigabyte motherboard does not have this startup bug. After installing your USB3 drivers with the Gigabyte motherboard and the 4600G (using a PS2 mouse), Windows 7 was able to start normally with all drivers.

    Basically I can confirm that I can setup Windows 7 x64 on the Gigabyte B550M K / Ryzen 5 4600G / Zotac GTX 750 Ti and it will run normally. I will test Windows 8.1 x64 on this combination soon but it seems to me it will probably also work.

    For me, Windows 7 x64 (and Windows 8.1 x64) will continue to fight another day. :clap:
     
  18. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
  19. James Bond 007

    James Bond 007 MDL Member

    Nov 16, 2010
    172
    112
    10
    #20 James Bond 007, Sep 1, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2026