Updated to windows 8.1 ProWMC, Genuine Key BLOCKED!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by abhirajDap, Oct 21, 2013.

1. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    I have to PC's one came pre-installed with win8 Pro, for other i bought one.
    For the pre-installed windows 8 pro i have a free WMC upgrade key, I also updated it to 8.1 ProWMC and it is activated. Other one is screwed up.

Can i use that key again to activate my Win 8.1 WMC ?

2. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Yea, they said my key has been installed on more than one PC.

3. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    BTW guys!!

I also have a free WMC upgrade key. What i can do is call up MS and say that my hardware has undergone some changes, And the key isnt working on updated Win 8.1 ProWMC

Will it help?
    Ill give a try and let you guys know the results.

4. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Like $10.00 is going to kill you buy a new key

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cepheid46e2

cepheid46e2 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    This happened with my upgrade as well, my legit key went invalid after upgrade. Just use phone activation method to reactivate and you'll be fine.

6. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    It's not about money! Its about MS eating up Genuine key.

7. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    My key is Blocked. Phone activation isnt helping.

8. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You're lying. You did not buy it for one computer and get it blocked after upgrading.
    You have either used an internet leaked key or you have used the key on MANY computers.
    I base this on the fact that you have no idea how ProWMC keys work.
    Anyone who bought the upgrade key knows you have to have a legit pro key.
    They also know that the ProWMC upgrade key is only bought online.

9. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012

That clearly shows that either you have used your key on more than one PC or got yourself an internet leaked / pirated key...So please stop wasting others time or post the proof of purchase.

BTW I also am using an upgrade key for ProWMC and it's working on my pc after 2 reactivations. (Because it was used on the same hardware)

10. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    #30 abhirajDap, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    (OP)
    Im disappointed by the way you guys show Trust in people
    Heres my box

s24.postimg.org/scfqnf4ed/My_box.jpg

Want the Bill too?:mad:

Edit: My problem is solved! But im still disappointed with you.:argue:

11. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Yuppie!! This worked.. she asked me to give the confirmation id after running slui 4.
    And Gave me a new Product key! Tadaaaa...

Thankyou guys!

But i still have a watermark saying "Secure boot isnt configured Correctly"o_O

12. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Well if that's true, then I apologize.
    I'm very skeptical by nature, and your arguments against contacting customer service and lack of knowledge about things you purchased in general were alarming.
    I'm glad you got it worked out.

For secureboot, go into bios and into boot options.
    Go into secureboot section and try to enter some sort of default keys.
    If it doesn't work, you might have to re-setup windows by running setup from a Legacy (BIOS-mode) boot setup.

13. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012
    #33 david_xross_2, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Dude that's the box for Windows 8 Pro...I was referring to your ProWMC license...which you still did not post?...:mad:

Try first to comprehend what is being asked :vertag:

Anyway since your problem is solved..So let's just leave it at that :jumpon:

14. Antiflash

Antiflash MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2008
    Don't be mad at the guy asking for help. I had a related problem with MS activation that could explain what happened to him. I had Windows 8 Pro installed installed and activated since release. I had also requested at the time a free WMC upgrade key that I never used. Then a couple of months ago I boutght a TV tunner and decided to give Media Center a chance and before buying a new WMC key I decided to use the free key I had. MISTAKE. W8Pro accepted the old WMC free key and installed it and after rebooting windows was de-activated. What I tried without succcess
    1. Phone activation did not work because the Free Key WMC was blocked (I think it was expired?)
    2. Genuine Win8Pro did not work because I now have the OS WMC installed (different version)
    3. System restore did not work because WMC installation erased all restore points
    4. Calling customer service no luck getting a WMC key to avoid reinstalling everything and you can't buy a WMC key when you already have it installed!

My only solution was reinstalling W8pro (without WMC), activate with my genuine key and then buy a WMC upgrade key ($12)

What is stupid on MS part is allowing me to upgrade with an expired key but later deactivate windows. Upgrade key should be validated with activation servers BEFORE installing WMC.

I tell you this long story because the OP probably had a free expired WMC key installed over his genuine W8Pro and when he upgraded to 8.1 the activation servers did not validate his WMC key. It seams that he was luckier than me and Customer service provided him with a WMC key, for me it was a total reinstall of the OS the only solution.

15. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Thanks!!
    Well mistakes were made from my part too.. I should have given detailed description. I didn't expect him to be so low on trust.
    Anyways Happy Ending :rolleyes: ..

16. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    ADMIN- Delete this thread. My Issues are solved!:)
    And this thread doesn’t have any technical solution to the problem.
    Just the repeatation of some tips which are very less likely to help anyone:eek:

:bye1: