Updating from win XP to 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Armp0wr, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

Well, basically, I managed to run the realtek driver I downloaded from asus' website, by running the program in compatible mode with windows xp sp 3, it did install, i rebooted after that, and then I got this message that the driver isn't compatible with windows 7 and that it's known with windows.. so yeah, I don't have a clue on what to do now.. I'd just like to get some sound on it..

What I experienced too is that my theme is stuck on windows basic, when i put it on aero my screen's turning black and then coming again with huge lag.. So I kept it on win basic theme now, I'm not sure what to do, do you think a bios update would help? although I have exactly NO clue on how to even update the bios nor I've got any knowledge in what the bios exactly does, so yeah :p maybe if we could use teamviewer I could show you it so you would see it too? Idk..

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    The simple fact is your GFX card is out dated and cannot run aero.

3. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

Thanks, I just installed a working driver, now I've got sound :) isn't it the best for it to keep it just the way it is now? or shall I update the bios too now I'm still busy? or can it screw up the system?

4. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    If you think you think you need to upadate the BIOS then do it,otherwise if all is working ok dont,you might end up with in a world of pain !:D

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Simple answer to that is try one if it doesn't work uninstall and try the other :)