Upgrading Build 9879 to 9888

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ajitem, Dec 2, 2014.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just 2? For the same infection, maybe! But what's about thos other infections posted by other users using different scanners? Didn't they exist either?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #122 s1ave77, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    I do not ignore, but so far all facts point to F/P, even the shown name, it's too diffuse and reminds me of Virus-Not-a-Virus an Gendows/Hacktool (latter is reported for Windows Loader by Daz and is deliberately).

If you believe AV vendors, your thing ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Although there were some more reports, none of those proved their claims ... so it's non-existent for me.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's simply up to yourself! I've my own way to go and you your's, and that's good!

5. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #125 s1ave77, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Apparently ... :nsa:.

BTW: Girl-friend of me is regularly screwing her laptop, while seeking for security and using such pretender-concotions as Dr. Web and similiar. After quarantining the 'infected' system files the machine normally is as usefull as an expensive paper weight, till i fix it :cool2:. And ... she won't learn it nor trust me :D. Her challenge likewise. Suggested to install any found scare-ware directly next time. It's more comfort and has same result :cool2:.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i think over all the ISO is safe.....is giving out a false positive on a a very low risk virus if in fact is even that....who cares were basically a month away from the final release....then we can all crazy and paranoid :matrix:

7. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for your answers. I solved mine by just reading here. :)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe you're not able to understand if someone is working his whole time under heavy security, will take over that even to his personal work. Running a company and doing outsources services for LAN and WAN for our customer under very strict contracts since many years, we never had an real security breach. Small infection on very low level, yes, a few, nobody would be able to prevent that! But it never reaches a level to get access to customers and our own data! And that's what counts!

How to achieve that? Only if you keep security tight and do not allow any compromise! We didn't spend a lot of money for to use original software only, which includes security software as well, and also for the required or related Hardware, just for to dismiss something as maybe not to be a breach of security! There isn't a maybe, there's just a true or not to be true and if an maybe come involved it's just an untrue!

9. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Believe me, understanding is definitely not my problem here. Never tried to say security would be over-rated, but without the use of common sense and a good community, it only complicates life and this to no avail. Same applies for over-reacting on this :cool2:.

10. boril

boril MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2010
    OK good to know your background....WTF you're downloading software from internet if you will use it in your "fortress" :) simply wait for official release and stop spamming the forum.

11. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Gabriel Aul had replied a tweet from Jesthon about 9888(about this leaked build could be upgraded to further releases), therefore, I am quite sure if the leaked ISO does not match MS hashes, or he found something fishy, he would have gave out some warning. He's not like Leblanc, who didn't give a sh*t to leaked builds. :p

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What I simply try to do is find out the truth! Why is that overreacting? That said, I'll still carry on to find out what triggers that outcome and/or where that come from.

There many possibilities how something could be added to an ISO if it's gone to many hands. Question will be: Is that file (radardt.dll) in that very capacity same as the original from MS or not. And if it is, question would be WHY it shows that Trojan, or how DrWeb came to point to it as such Trojan.

At this moment it doesn't matter it's an real or just an FP. As both the version of 9879 and 9888 have the exact same size, I'll try to compare the content of those two to find out the difference.

Remember the outcry of the Keylogger and Telemetry in Win 10TP, which were 'introduced' by MS itself and also announced from them in their Release Notes? Why should be a maybe possible Trojan infected file differs from that?

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I was try several apps for to view the content of the files radardt.dll but none of them could open them!

I was try:
    • .net Reflector 8.4
    • Free EXE DLL Resource extract
    • 7Zip
    • Free Resource Extractor

none of them worked. Anybody knows one which may will work?

Thanks

14. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Behaviour detection, signature checks (abbodi already mentioned) and some more. Not to forget some files are flagged by purpose, although that shouldn't matter in this case.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  16. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    You guys are acting like children.
    If you are worried about the BS with virus in 9888 then don't use it.
    Go find something else.
    Its been posted all over the net that MS knows about this leaked build and they have already said that if you installed it you will still be able to download and upgrade to the release next month.
    So that tells me that there is no VIRUS in it.
    They also said the with this build there is unexplained BSOD and random shut down.
    It is a test build so use it or don't use it.
    Me I don't want to only here about it has a VIRUS, I would like to know what runs in it, what drivers work or don't.
    I have tried a lot of programs in this build and different hardware, but I have not posted this info because all I see here is the VIRUS BS.
    I have upgrade 3 systems with it 2 have come up with different virus on two different file after install.
    I have tried to upgrade my HP laptop which is still running built 9841 and it tells me the OS is not supported for upgrade, but I have done it on a desktop that was running the same build.
    How about you guy get off the VIRUS BS and share this kind of info.
    Thanks

17. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Counter proposal: How about being less rude and use the Findings or Discussions Stickies for that, as others do. Do we really need a dozen threads for infos?

Always assumed this being kinda 'Chit-Chat' thread :g:.

18. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

u cant handle the truth!!!!;)

19. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    I have not had that file show as infected yet on any install.
    One was the file I already posted the other was in the same folder but different file name but it was still a DLL file.
    Came up with same name for the virus though.
    I will look to see what file it was.

20. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And now it's time to start accusing others? Sorry for your poor judgement!