Uploading and Extracting files

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by inkmon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I was so frustrated uploading files to my sites with basic ftp programs I decided to tackle the problem head on. I know I can use my C Panels but I would have to log on. So as programming is a hobby. I do have a site at inkmon.com. I had no problems with the client side but I never tried my hand at using ftp protocols. It took a week and I trialed it on a new site I made. zipupextract.comze.com
    The site needs tidying but I just uploaded it on bulk. I am starting to use free hosting and create a site to advertise a utility I create.
    I guess it is a strange hobby but very rewarding when a program performs as I want. If anyone has an Idea for a program please contact me. Those links will find me

2. bk-ks

bk-ks MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    You can upload a zip file through cPanel File Manager and extract it online.
    You can use multiple connections in most FTP programs and upload multiple files at one instead of one by one.
    How unique is your "ftp" program ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I just come back to the forum. Not unique but like most of my utilities I create them primarily for my use. When I build a site instead of using a ftp program and not many will extract, I have details of about 6 sites now so it just saves time. I agree if you only upload occasionally then C panel is the go. If you try to ftp a folder of many files see how long that takes. That site I pulled down and re worked it. Quite a few power users are using it now. It has changed somewhat. Like my paintings you are never quite satisfied, rthere is alwaysa bit of polishing to do.