Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Lord_Azeroth, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Recursion

Recursion MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2012
    honestly I would be very carefull to download something from the internet and flash your bios. this bios controls your box and it's not very good explained the patch. anyway if you know what you are doing I doubt that this windows 2009 makes your fan working. You have to UNDERSTAND the dsdt thermal zone thing to write a proper patch. This very complex think you have more luck with the acer_ec.pl script and to modify some registers. It's not an offense or personally meant but I think it's not very serious to come here ask for a quick patch and then give nothing back. economie is quite bad and doing work for others when you can do it yourself isn't the way.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    he already flashed and booted linux.
    im sure i fixed it not perfect as i used intel iasl no ms asl. and i fixed errors that ms asl dosnt fix.. that might be the issue.
    i can remake with ms asl.

3. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    big problem, i booted linux, copied into c and d the original file, but it dosent show, can i flash the bios from linux?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    How? Give me a more detailed approach

6. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    of course I mean doing work for others when they can do it themself isn't really the way. there are lots of pl makeing a nice life but at the cost of others. I told you before you need a recovery disk ... or a flash programmer and solder knowledge. Can you make a dos usb stick and boot it?

7. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    never tryed it, if you kindly explain i will do it

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #28 LatinMcG, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    dude.. you troll so hard. :bash:

your grammar shows u are uneducated, i mean look at red text i pointed out above.

9. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    help? please?

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    what method did u use to flash?
    windows.. bios ?
    i told u before flashing to check recovery methods for your model. u didnt

11. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    well to explain, i just managed to reflash the bios through an usb stick that i formated to fat 32 and tricked the bios into thincking that it is a floppy drive, it worked, thank god

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    ive done _OSI mods before but not inserted into bios (1 i did insert and it was Phoenix and worked).. for Apple Os X loaded from a bootloader.
    ive seen that ms asl and intel asl are different so i can recompile with older iasl that doesnt force fix issues that dont need to be changed in dsdt.

13. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    so now this means that this bios cannot be modded to have a better fan control option no?

14. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    it can be modded i just didnt do it right all the way.
    it is easier to find a prog that can control it directly. problem is sometimes registers are set and cant be changed 2 times. (locked)

15. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    most likely I'm a very nice person and you can keep all grammar error yourself. maybe you are also a nice person? but there are not so nice person in the world. they take your work and so on. the speak badly about you. etc. I have pointed him to a lot of programms I written why am I a troll? if he doesn't need my help it's okay. all this stuff is also about a community and doing it your self idea. But it's very complex stuff and not everbody should flash a bios when he doesn't know anything about computer, programing etc.

16. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    provide a link to you program because i cannot find it on the web for windows os( only for linux, which is why i cannot run it)

17. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    that would be the case of the 00x90 register from the embedded controler

18. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #38 LatinMcG, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    i agree, technicality doesnt show from user until mistakes start showing up. (i told him to check recovery methods fist before flashing.. he didnt)
    what i refer to as troll is the aggressiveness. tone it down and nobody gets mad.

=======================================================================

if u find out the EC chip u can probably find a program that can control it in windows.

or make windows 2009 report as 2006 so it uses acpi for vista which is almost same for 7.

19. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    actualy i did....you cannot flash that thing without a sepparate hard drive with only the bios update file in it...problem arrised when linux acted up and the asus easy flash bios utility did not show the file, so i started experimenting-in the bios it cleary states that no usb or cdrom can be used to restore the bios when in fact it can(lucky when it flashed the bios it did not power off usb ports-that would have been bad)

20. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    out of curiosity...you mean to say that in windows vista or windows xp that laptop will use the acpi to control the fans?