Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Lord_Azeroth, Jan 27, 2013.

1. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #41 LatinMcG, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Recursion

Recursion MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2012
    #42 Recursion, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    it's a while I wrote it but I use same method like acer_ec.pl. I have just migrated to VS 2012 and you can use it to compile the code.

3. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    #44 Lord_Azeroth, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    no.
    i seen somewhere a way to make windows 7 report itself as vista for the _OSI to detect 2006 while running 2009.
    your issue could possibly be fixed by asus if u email them for a beta bios for 7 compatibility of thermal.

im signing off till tonight.. gotta go onsite to fix a boot issue.

5. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    I'm not sure while you call me aggressive or have aggressive tone. I have patient for my work I'm a devoted to my work. There is little difference between genius and insanity. Most likely ppl treat me like you do. I'm not sure why but I'll find it.

6. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    Well after all this i am going to download win vista professional 64 bit and see if that solves it

7. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    ive seen your program, here comes a noob question-how do you install it?

8. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    #49 Recursion, Jan 28, 2013
    You need a compiler to make a binary then it works without installation. I'm a bit lost because I also want to sell it. Hence you can pay me to compile the program like you would pay other people if you ask for help. BTW the program is simple but it does this fan thing but for my laptop. I showed you the link because you asked me and I thought you know what to do. But I think you need to learn a lot hence I'm also off. Good Luck with your problem!

9. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    finaly the damn post can be closed....some explanations needed
    ===============================================================================================================================================
    in my haste to clean the laptop ive forgotten to connect de cpu cooler, that made all of my programs show fake readings

regarding recusion's program: Download notebook fan control....it's the best by far and works with acpi and ec controllers

10. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    #51 Recursion, Jan 28, 2013
    Great news and thanks for the update. I didn't know about that program but my program is much simpler. Also this guy just make a frontend to the embedded controller and you have to find the register etc. yourself? It seems to me he uses the same code like me? Whatever. My program is not for free and not for downloading. My licence is for educational purpose only. It's an example to teach you programming in Windows. When you want that I solve your problem with a fan controller I can help you but I want to get payed. This guy is give away for free his time or do he has a licence or distribute his code? And he produces users with habit to download and not problem solving. Most likely makeing such a program is very expensive.

Extreme example is when I ask for help from a lawyer or anything else also in the internet up to the second question I have to pay big cash. Why is all this geeks and nerds and Linux fans give away all the know how, time and programs for free? Not only that they believe they have the true insight?

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    now u want to claim all stake in fan acpi api, who are u ?? Apple ? and u definitely want to get PAID
    :bashtroll:

12. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    #53 Recursion, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Are you drunk? I can claim what I want. It's not that simple and also when I'm Apple you still here? I said my programs is educational licence and not commercial. Also I'm not sure what you mean I claim all fan api I copy and paste much from the acer_ec.pl script?? BTW. if you represent the scene or something. Thanky you very much........ I'm not agree with (some) of your rules and I want to get paid in ADVANCE.

Update: Basically I wonder how he can read and write those register. It's protected by the cpu or windows and you need a special library to access it. There aren't many for free and he uses a strange library.