Urgent Help Stuck While Upgrade To Windows 7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by haxoe05, Jul 31, 2014.

1. haxoe05

haxoe05 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    Last thing i wanna ask that is there any chance to get back my windows vista somehow to do system recovery options ? right now getting blank blue welcome screen. if i can get it then i can preserve my data :sad3:

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    In case you didn't back up your system, there would in max be the opportunity to restore any OEM install state.

You can still boot a Live Media like Knoppix or Windows8.1SE to backup personal files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. haxoe05

haxoe05 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    With this i can get back my data which was on desktop ?

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    At least it would show if there is something left to discover, either the data is still in place or moved to C:\Windows.old. Problem is Linux requires some know-how to find the data and i have no link to an already prepared WinSE :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. haxoe05

haxoe05 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    Kindly let me know that which precaution i have to take in future whenever i try to upgrade windows vista to windows 7 ?

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    @haxoe05

Can I ask, and dont wish to sound rude or off hand but have you ever done a new install of any OS ?

I am asked quite often to look at folks machines, the folk who have no clue on how to install an OS and how easy it actually is.

First thing to do is back up, save all important files. In fact this should be done regulary.

Then I find the exact make and model and hunt down the drivers for the selected OS.

With files saved and drivers ready,say on a USB you are good to go.

If you are in deed new to this sort of thing have a look on youtube, I recon there will be a tut or two showing the process.
    The more info you can learn before you start the easier it will be.

If I get the time I will look on youtube and see what I can find to help.

Just off to do some "retail theropy" :rolleyes:

7. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014

always use different partition to install another OS, so that to nullify issues

8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I have been looking through YouTube and there are many, many tuts on how to install Windows 7.
    I would suggest having a look ya sen, look at a few.

Any chance you could give us the make and model of your machine. Then I will check it out.