USB Modem device interferes with loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bes, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Bes

Bes MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Hi!

I am currently using a Huawei modem, a USB device I use to connect to the internet. I found that when I try to activate Windows with Daz's loader 1.7.7 while the USB is inserted, it fails to boot and goes to a black screen with a blinking line in the upper left hand corner of the screen. But once I remove the USB, Windows 7 starts up just fine and is still activated.

My friend suggested that I change Boot order priority, starting from hard drive to cd/dvd to other devices. Didn't work. I even disabled the Boot from other devices option. Although I can live with inserting the USB to connect to the internet each time, it is still a hassle.

Any help will be great. Thank you very much in advance.

2. bogi

bogi MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    If this is being used on a desktop PC try connecting the USB modem through a USB hub. Sometimes that helps... though sometimes sometimes it makes it worse.

Also do you have any other USB settings in your bios? Sometimes you can select your bios to only use USB devices in 1.0/1.1 speeds and that can help. When you get into windows you will be switched over to USB 2.0 speeds.

And I don't think it's a loader issue, unless you are sure it was booting up normally with the USB modem plugged in before the loader was installed.