Use Windows 10 MUI DVD for upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nasa, Jun 17, 2017.

1. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    In windows 7 I could use a multi-language install media to perform an upgrade of systems in all the languages in the media (e.g en-us -> en-us, ru-ru -> ru-ru).

When I try to do the same with windows 10, It only allows to upgrade a system with the original media language.

Is there a way for a windows 10 multi-language media to upgrade all corresponding languages?

note:
    both mediums were created using abbodi1406's scripts

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Set the locale to the desired one, so if you have an en-US iso + de-DE LP and you want to be a able to use it for upgrading de-DE installs, set the script to set de-DE as locale.

Code:
    DEFAULTLANGUAGE
    culture code of the default language that will be set in the Windows images and as initial setup language
    it will be changed later when/if you choose another language at setup
    leave it blank if you want to keep the current default language in install image.
    Afaik it's the same for win 7 + lp's.

3. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I want the MUI'd media to be able to upgrade every language it contains.

The windows 7 media can do that. Regardless of the original or default language.

4. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    When I start setup.exe from the root of the windows 7 media the first thing it does is ask for a language.
    The windows 10 media does not. If I start setup.exe form the "sources" folder, it does ask for a language but does not allow upgrade, asking to start setup from the root of the media.