User permissions for specific tasks

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by peni20, Dec 19, 2012.

1. peni20

peni20 MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2012
    Hi everyone

I have 2 issues hopping someone can help me with.

I have 3 servers for R&D. they have access only to one of them. They can RDP to it and they are working on the server itself because the data that is on the server, cannot leave it.
    With their work, they need the ability to stop and start services on all 3 servers. I used "subinacl" to allow the services they need. On the local machine they are connected to using "net stop, net start", they can stop and start the services but on the other machines, they are using "sc \\xxxx" and they are able only to stop services. When they are trying to start the service they stopped, they get "access is denied".
    I tried using GPO to allow these servers to give them permission on specific services and the same.

The other thing is this...
    When they are connected to the server, they need the ability to kill other each other processes. When they open TaskManager and press on see process from all users, they get UAC that blocks them.
    Any idea on how to allow this?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You might not be able to get it working (by design), but at least state few obvious needed things
    Are they local users ONLY, or AD users?
    Are servers standalone or domain joined?

Are users just a standard user?

As they are 3 I assume you use full Remote Desktop licensing (and not an admin mode)

sebus