Using Microsoft Account to Log-in

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ZZkirk, Aug 6, 2015.

1. ZZkirk

ZZkirk MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    Hello, I would like to ask a rather noobish question:

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from a Daz loader-activated Win7 laptop, and now it says Activated.
    Would signing-in using my Microsoft account be detrimental (I mean, would it send info about the laptop being activated via "illegal" methods, they would then send me to the south side of the border, etc) to the laptop's activation or would I be just fine.

Thanks and more power! :biggrin:

2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    You're OK to login. In fact you should as it will establish you as a valid owner of Windows 10.

But I would also after an hour or two do a fresh install so that later Microsoft cannot review exactly how you upgraded

(I suspect at some point in the future they'll look into those Windows.old folders, but for now they don't. So now is the time to associate yourself as a valid Windows 10 user, then clean install to remove any trace of the past.).

3. GoLLuM13

GoLLuM13 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Hello, so far your activation is seen as "legal" by Microsoft and is related with your motherboard, so you can go with you MS Account without any problem (I did it ;) )

EDIT :
    +1 with God666

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ZZkirk

ZZkirk MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    Thanks for the replies guys! :worthy: