Using win7 usa version in europe

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by martyn, Jul 1, 2009.

1. martyn

martyn MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2009
    Hello

I am thinking of purchasing a usa version of windows 7 (upgrade) and there are now huge european restrictions on the window 7 european version. Do you think its possible to use the usa version on a european based pc?

its simple to get a usa version, simply ask someone in the usa to purchase it for you.

2. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Why not?
    I was thinking the same, but hope to use the OEM version with a modified bios!:)

3. martyn

martyn MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2009
    i understand but for $50 i prefer to get a geniune copy, of course i have never used otherwise :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I honestly don't know what the problem is with the EU edition it will be the same as XP and Vista N editions when you install it and as usual it starts installing windows updates you will find the option to install IE and media player:D and if you don't want to install them fair enought just download your favourite browser and media player before hand and have them on say thumbdrive.

5. martyn

martyn MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2009
    the main difference is price, $50 for usa win 7 premium upgrade (pre order)
    and aprox $95 win 7 european version

and with the usa version you can upgrade, with european version you are force to do a clean install with no upgrade option

martyn

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why would you ever want to upgrade you are allways better with a clean install:D Not sure if you could use upgrade dvd to do full install the way it worked with vista remember install it without serial then reinstall it again with serial:)