Utilize AMD Turbo Frequency speed

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by adrian2055, Jan 21, 2015.

1. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Hello everyone,

My HP Pavilion G6-1C58DX laptop has an AMD A6-Series A6-3400M processor that can run much faster than the 1.4GHz it is set at. The turbo boost is 2.3 GHz and I want to see if I can have the laptop run at that speed permanently. 1.4GHz is way too slow. I tried k10stat but it just overheats and shut down (probably user error). Is it possible to do this? If not can someone recommend a good quad core laptop that doesn't use AMD Turbo Frequency or Intel Turbo Boost that I can get on ebay that's not a dell.

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think what you're implying is that you want a laptop with a processor that doesn't throttle the clocks. The problem is they have to throttle clocks or it's a waste of power.
    On AMD A6 , if you go into the Catalyst Control Center by right clicking the desktop. In the advanced menu you will see the POWER option. In there you can set the CPU power using sliders, you can drag the sliders so the CPU is always using the max base clock.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...