Validation for Windows 7 - Works!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ennio, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    I guess, validation is still not available.. u don't need to download any file to get validated..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ennio

ennio Guest

With Firefox you must, but with IE8 no you don't.

3. RogerI

RogerI MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Is this screen meant that my copy passed the validation?

Attached Files:

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah you need to download the validation plugin, like opa said. You have always been able to download stuff from the downloads section ever since beta 7000, even if you disable the software licensing service. So its not checking much! :p

5. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    I tried with both.. it's the same screen.. downloading a small file doesn't imply ur OS is validated..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ennio

ennio Guest

More result from MGADiag,

MGADiag 1.5
    MGADiag 1.7

MGADiag 1.9.0006.1

The only time you get the "Genuine" without "unsupported OS" is with 1.9.0011.0.
    Very strange.

7. ennio

ennio Guest

Who said it does?
    This is clearly another "mess" from Microsoft, and we are just sharing our experience. Nothing more, until new ActiveX control is available for download.

8. Kiwonks

Kiwonks MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
  9. ennio

ennio Guest

I really don't know, but you can see that your WGA version and mine are different.

This is getting better and better.

10. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    From what I remember these are the codes I have seen:

0 - Genuine
    1- Not Genuine
    6 - Unsupported
    50 - Trial expired

11. ennio

ennio Guest

Always, ask the expert.

Thank you.

12. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    No problem.

It seems that only the newest versions of WGA embedded into MGAdiag support checking windows 7's license, as it displays code 50 past the expiry, so some validation/WGA is now in effect.

13. Kiwonks

Kiwonks MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009

thank you guys .. so my win7 still genuine,... :D

14. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #55 Brainsuck, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    not the tool the active x control before you can download wmp 11 to say your genuine and it is the old one not the new one see the one for office oga

15. ennio

ennio Guest

Is genuine and will be. :)

16. ennio

ennio Guest

#57 ennio, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
    (OP)
    I was wondering if any of the members has some information about Windows 7 validation. It is more than 7 days from official release and more than 3 month from the the day we got it and there is no official info about WAT aka WGA. I been searching for the new information about WAT, but I have found only old news.

Thanks.

Also, Hazar thank you for the reputation and the support. I couldn't see your rep with comment because there was a "flood of junk" on that page. I was able to see your message today. Thank you.

17. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
  18. ennio

ennio Guest

Sam3971,

genuine people are hilarious.

19. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    :). Believe it or not I am genuine with a MAK key but I was given that for free lol. But yea, no kidding, who cares if you have a copy you bought or not, as long as it is activated then you are good to go.