Ventoy - Easy USB multiboot for ISO files (UEFI, too!)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Atari800XL, May 1, 2020.

1. imlost2

imlost2 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #321 imlost2, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Not trying to hijack or disrespect. Would be happy to comply. But how does one create a new thread under
    Application Software? Do I need to ask the moderator?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. W_fantasma

W_fantasma MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2012
    You can go Forums->Application Software-> and there, down right corner there is a blue circle with a white + incon in the middle. that is for create new thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009
    #328 adric, Mar 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    Ventoy is a great tool for booting various systems and apps. What I see as a disadvantage is that it requires a dedicated device to use it. I tried to get around this by putting Ventoy in a VHD which installs fine, but I have no idea how to boot that VHD to launch the Ventoy system. Right now I have a boot-able HDD partition with a BCD to boot WinPE wim files and other Windows VHDs. I would like to add Ventoy as another VHD in that partition, but I'm not sure if the BCD can be configured to work for that. Is what I have in mind even possible?

4. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Interesting. I wonder if we can do VHD boots of Non Windows OSes?