Verify your identity on this PC

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TecMan, Apr 17, 2014.

1. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Friends:

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 64bit and when I had Windows 8 64bit, I could verify my identity on this PC with a phone call machine...

Now, with Windows 8.1 64bit the verification process has only two options...text message to my cellular and another e-mails with 30 days wait...

My first e-mail with Security Info Replacement was 3/17/14 and I didn't receive my Recovery Code

My second e-mail with Security Info Replacement was today (4/17/14) and I need to wait another 30 days

Can you help me to receive my Recovery Code please?

Thanks

TecMan

2. Windows8.1

Windows8.1 MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Are you talking about your Microsoft account (formerly Live ID) verification? or Windows 8 Activation? Please be specific.

3. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Windows8.1:

Thanks for you reply...and I'm talking about Microsoft account (formerly Live ID) verification.

TecMan

4. Dr.Bender

Dr.Bender MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    Well that's big brother at his best wanting to know everything even when you take a dump <-----sorry for being so crude but it's true.
    Have you tried calling the M-soft hot line? Have you thought about switching to Linux?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Dr.Bender:

Thanks for your comments...just need to know your experiences or suggestions about this problem...yesterday, I called to Microsoft Support and they need to scaling this problem with the next level.

TecMan

6. eydee

eydee Guest

Just use an offline account and you'll have no such issues. The live account is only needed for metro crapware, not for real programs.

7. Windows8.1

Windows8.1 MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2014
    In the recent months Microsoft Account have made lots of changes in regard to Microsoft Account Security, especially there is No "Security Question" appearing in order to reset the password. Instead you will only have an option to generate a security code or use the alternative email ID or phone number. It doesn't matter whether you are accessing your Microsoft account from your PC or Device / mobile it will suspect you and ask you to confirm your identity for security purpose which is really annoying. Due to this Windows 8.1 users will have difficulty on accessing their Microsoft account and so called the Live ID.

@ TecMan - In your case nobody here can you help you with, your only option is to contact the Microsoft account team and pray to get their response on time.

8. melwin

melwin MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012
    Ps. first sorry for my bad English :eek:

If you mean Verify "Are you human on this PC " and you already use email address and phone call but no email respond back form Microsoft

you can change to new email address by disconnect form your old email and use the new email to resent the code :)

I use this method and it work fine :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi melwin:

Thanks for your reply...

I need your help to how to change my PC to a new Outlook e-mail...and then...how to reset the Security Info for my old e-mail...

Can you help me?

I sent you a PM

Thanks

TecMan