Video Tearing, 7100 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Belarathon, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Has else anyone noticed video tearing in the upper 1/5 portion of the screen?
    It matters not which video player you are using, nor the video render, it seems to be systemic. For example, the issue is visible while using WMP, media player classic, and Zoom Player. In Zoom Player, the artifact is visible whether using VMR9, EVR, or Halli video renderers. One of the nice things about the newer EVR renderer is that I've never seen video tearing (until now).

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    what type of files are you trying to play anything encoded to a specific codec, or just everything? I have not seen any issues with mpeg movies, or wmv movies.

3. Belarathon

Nov 21, 2007
    Anything and everything. I think I figured it out. I noticed that my audio is breaking up terribly under CPU load - and found out the multimedia class scheduler is crashing constantly - won't stay running for more than a few minutes. As long as it's running, audio and video are fine. That's kind of a deal breaker. Wish I'd kept my drive image of '77.

4. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Well. Mine freshly installed works like a charm. Uninstalled the default WMP, installed proper codecs and audio drivers, but as it's Multimedia Class Scheduler then you might fresh re-install your build.
    Oh, and you could try to update your bios if you use onboard audio.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Belarathon

Nov 21, 2007
    Reinstalled my audio drivers - that seemed to have rectified all issues, and the multimedia scheduler continues to work now. That saved a lot of work!