Viewing issue

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Pasta88, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I have an asus x550za laptop that is a few weeks old. It has one hdmi female port to it. I am trying to connect a 3 way hdmi splitter with it. I attached the male end of the splitter to it and I am trying to add my tv and another monitor to it. I used one hdmi cable to hook my tv up to the 3-way splitter. I then used a vgi - hdmi converter to hook up my extra monitor to the 3-way hdmi splitter.

When I try to see if I can view what is on my laptop on my tv nothing appears. I try to select hdmi 2 on my tv to view it but it is grayed out. When I connect n=my hdmi cable directly to my tv i can select hdmi 2 and view what is on my laptop on my tv without issue.

Same goes for my other monitor. Cant see it on the splitter but when I set it up directly i can view it on the other monitor without issue.

What could be causing this issue? Could it be an issue with the splitter not being able to use on the laptop. I have tried 3 different ones with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Can this be accomplished what I am tring to do? Any help is appreciated.

thx

2. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Looking for some help here guys.

3. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    your video card has to support the exact number of displays of the splitter. for example 1, 2, or 3