Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ukhawkeye, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ukhawkeye

ukhawkeye MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2014
    I want to run a vm in windows 10 ie Windows XP so I can do my banking ect with out Microsoft seeing my account. I have tried to get Oracle VM Virtual box but no luck even tried telling it to run as windows 7 but it will not execute.

Any ideas ?

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol ... go to your bank and talk to your servant personally. When he enters your data, certain ppl will see that even you had no online banking in between ... hahaha

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    running a VM of XP in Windows 10 still using windows 10 as shared resources feeding the VM straight into windows 10, to isolate your banking from windows 10, dont use windows 10 at all.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 pisthai, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Using banking, special online Banking on Windows 10 TP (any version) is just stupid, as well to use any other private/personal and/or important data! Who's ignoring that W10TP is using Key-Logger and Telemetry and still use it for any sensitive data, should n ever wonder if problems will maybe occurs, which may end up in any lose of .............., which could be extend into legal proceedings and action.

As MS itself strongly advice NOT to use Windows 10TP (any version) for other than just testing, in reality deserves to get punished.

An VM which is running within W10TP will no hinder that the data are send to MS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

bad idea all the way.

6. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #6 sevenacids, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    I can only repeat the statements of the previous posters.

Why would anyone want to run an outdated, unsupported OS in a virtual machine on an unfinished, unreleased, and therefore possibly unreliable OS, and use it for sensitive stuff like online banking? That's two bad ideas combined. Please, if you didn't lose your sanity completely yet (no offense), install an up-to-date and fully supported OS (Windows 7+) as your primary and run Windows 10 TP in a VM, and use that for testing purposes only. Just my two cents...

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe he thought two bad ideas would neutralize?

Joke aside, no. Just, no. Use a dedicated, high-sec PC just for those tasks. Doesn't need to be a high-end machine. No 10, no XP, use a released, supported OS. Like Linux.