Virtual PC 2007 SP1 and HP BIOS

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by hellosky, Aug 20, 2008.

1. hellosky

hellosky MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Hello folks

Does anyone know where to get a Virtual PC hacked exe that works with SLIC code from a HP Compaq tc4400 Tablet PC, I know HP has several different SLIC codes and not all activate (tried the certificate from tc4400 on a HP dv9008nr laptop and it didn't activate)

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #2 reginakampher, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Here is guide on how to add SLP 2.0 SLIC and SLP 1.0 string to Virtual PC 2007.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/33805

I only know of 2 HP SLIC (HPQOEMSLIC-MPC and HPQOEMSLIC-CPC) and they both use the same certificate. If you came across a different HP SLIC other than the 2 mentioned, I would love to take a peek. I would be willing to modify the Virtual PC 2007 exe for you but I need a .ats report from ACPIScope from the tc4400 in case the SLIC is different from the 2 mentioned above. Also upload a .ats report from the dv9008nr and I may be able to tell you why it didn't activate. I also need the certificate from the tc4400 so I can test the Virtual PC 2007 exe after modifying it.

Install ACPIScope, then goto "File"----->"Load ACPI information"----->"From BIOS" and after it load the information, click the "save file" toolbar button and save it with the default .ats extension and upload it.

I am a little puzzled. According to the HP website, the tc4400 came preinstalled with XP or FreeDOS so I am quite curious as to how you extracted a Vista certificate from it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hellosky

hellosky MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2008