Virus aleart

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by fastlane128, Nov 15, 2010.

1. fastlane128

fastlane128 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    #1 fastlane128, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    MOD:
    Please make a sticky thread for virus alerts (Ad ware, Mal wear, Spyware). When there is thread do a tree form for solving the problems. (MOD feel free to edit this post or remove it)

I do not know if it is just me or are any others having a problem with Ad ware,Mal wear,Spyware &, Virus issues. I disables the UAC in Vista because it was a pile of crap or compiler of crap you name it. Now come on is adobe reader unfit to install on Vista the UAC thinks it is. There are also other problems some programs will not run unless i run as administrator.

Edit:
    not the answer i was looking for. some how can you make a sticky of forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/18121-How-do-I-get-rid-of-this-virus. we need a section where we can post software to beware of to help people out before they have a problem.

Examples: Antivirus 2008,2009,2010 is a virus it sucks you in on a flash and java scrip web page. do not hit the scan button it will install if you hit the scan button(they also use you need this video codes to watch this).

Ads Gone 2010 is acting like a virus(worm) when you uninstall it. it has been 4 weeks and no reply from ads gone support.

use ads gone at your own risk.... i installed it hoping that it would solve my pop up problem. it seams that java and flash are advertising agents in windows IE explore. ads gone worked fine, but slowed web browsing so i uninstall it. now i have no desk top, it removed or replaced system restore, and explore.exe is unusable. is also has blocked me from using security settings. it locks you out of DirectX settings. Adobe Flash is unusable it is locked YouTube videos out. i forgot to mention i also tried to fix and do a system restore as admin in normal and in safe mode. nothing is detecting the problem. Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Avast VirusScan, McAfee VirusScan, and Norton VirusScan show no virus detected. combofix does not work on X64. sorry i excluded tracking cookies i do not conceder them a virus.

i used Antivirus (2008,2009,2010) as an example because it hides the desk top so i thought that was my problem. i think ads gone has used part of the alg.exe code (CPAX20 SornSoft Is a Trojan agent). some where in the code it hides things and takes over your IE explore dialer settings. i do not know maybe it takes a virus to block a virus.

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Sorry, in my opinion there are other places on the internet where you could find/read the information required. Sick of the vista UAC? upgrade to Windows 7! ;)

3. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Rather than using Ads gone use Admuncher. It is an excellent piece of software and is higly effective in blocking ads from browser as well as programs. It is only 500KB file. You can use it for 30 days for free.