Vista 64 runnin extremely slow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dragonfire665, Feb 25, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    @monk

hey monk i followed your steps but for some more confusion lol i did a error check and defragment and for some reason last nite the folder came back i dont kno how it happen but it did. so that problem is out of the picture and the computer is running still good, since last problem so i havent come to anything

so i appreciate everyones help, you guys are the best

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Forgot to mention

We all know that Windows can be a bit touchy but it seems that your OS has suffered more than its fair share of glitches, even, it seems, after a reinstall.

The thought occurs to me that IF you are using a copy of Vista that you DLed from the Net (Torrent, warez, RS, etc.) and, each time you reinstall you install that same OS version, might it be that your copy is corrupted or, worse yet, contains some malware code that you continually reinstall?

Then again, what with soaking your KB with soda, modding your BIOS with an eMachines flash, and typing with your feet I suppose these events are understandable. :D:D

Regardless, if the system is now stable, do an image backup.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    just a suggestion,
    it seems like your system is suffering from data corruption. go in to BIOS and check the voltage of your ram and give it some extra juice. but be careful not to go too high small bump at a time and test.

have you had vista 32 or XP on this system? if yes did you have the same kind of problems? maybe you can try vista32/XP see what it does

4. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    hey wats up everyone, im back, quick thing, system has been runnin great thanks to all, but i did notice that over the weekend when i installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7 it also installed Roxio, but its runnin within my SERVICES, it was making windows lag during the GREEN WELCOME SCREEN for about 2mins before it went to my desktop, i was able to uncheck them but it still lags for 30seconds less or such, is there a way to figure out which services i do need and which one i dont, i kno it will make my booting so much faster

PS: i really have nothing loading during startup besides my usuals. N i donwloaded a program call Vista Sevices, which it can manually able/disable services and automatically but it doesnt seem to work cuz i still see all many and i mean many services check wit no differences whatsoever

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #65 HMonk, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    Services needed or not?

Dragon, what services you need depends on HW and SW installed. One thing you can do is Google - necessary services vista - and you will get many pages of recommendations as to what is or is not needed.

The issue for me, however, has always been trial and error - because everyone's systems are different; there are, generalizations, however.

Monk

6. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea like always MONK u dont disappoint, good points, and i was searching and things like that, which is y i came across that program. but i will dig in some more once im behind my computer and try to get to the bottom if it, cuz seriously right when the computer starts on desktop it runs amazing. but the welcome screen damn, thats some waitin

7. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Another thing I did not mention because I know you are familiar with it but . . .
    review what is starting. As you know things like Adobe, Real, Logitech, and a host of apps start schedulers, update executives, or other things you don't need. Also, stop any apps you do not immediately need from launching. If you let them, things like WinZip and Winamp want to configure themselves to start. Why do that; if your file associations are configured to use these apps, they will launch when you click on an associated file.

Finally, you can do what you are doing: review what processes are running and what app they are tied to. Because that is, for me, trial/error, tedious, and time consuming, I save it for last.

Monk

8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  9. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  10. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    well here is the latest new in regards to my computer. for some another odd reason on top of the many i already faced. Now for some reason programs including windows Explorer will stop responding and will freeze for awhile then come back again. but it does it very often, it just started to happened last nite right after i tried to install 3dMax 2010 which i then quickly unistalled cuz i saw no need for it. This morning i use Acronis True Image and brough back my PC for the latest backup which it was done on the 7 of this month and it was a full backup. However the problem still persists. i have use a registry cleaner but still nothing. Right now it has run well for about 30mins but sooner or later it will freeze for a few mins again. for the most part it will happen to certain program then other times to the whole computer. I still have the same hardware nothing has change.