Vista activation refusal!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eddiebelfast, Feb 13, 2011.

1. eddiebelfast

eddiebelfast MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    Hi, If this tip has been offered before then I apologise for duplicating it!

I am an operating systems junkie. I have used just about every thing Microsoft have thrown at us over the last 25 years or so.
    Plus 40 different varieties of Linux, which I still cannot grow to like. BeOS and Haiku YES please. And lastly Macs, who by the way are not as good or clever as Mac people will try to tell you!

Because I play around with O/S's I think nothing of reinstalling and that is how I came across this tip.
    I had reinstalled Vista Business on one of my boxes,( I have two registered Vista with different numbers). Only this time Windows refused the number I had entered plus the second number. So, I ended up going through the phone activation rigmarole. The next day I went through the same install with the same number on the same machine and Windows refused again. I then noticed below the box was a line saying, " change to another number ", or something like it. I then entered the first number that had been refused and lo and behold it was activated.

And last but not least, I think Vista is the best O/S that mrs Gates little boy Bill has ever produced!