Vista Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dragonfire665, Jan 15, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, first of all let me start by saying that im sorry if im starting a new thread that is it might be already somewhere, so for those administrators, im truely sorry, i looked and i couldnt find any.

Well, i hope i can be help. I have already install in my computer Windows XP Pro and i just resize my main HDD to be capable of Dual Booting Vista Eternity Edition 2009. Now i can Dual Boot, no issues there, but here is the issues, i cant seem to be able to activate Vista. This edition of Vista already comes with a pre-installed Key so nothin i can do there.

I have use many activator including Timestop and that one specifically did not work, all that i did was that it remove my actual 30days activation n force my Vista to activate right then and there. since i couldnt i have to reinstall.

Now, know this, everytime i use an activator when it restarts the computer i get 2 different errors, BOOTMGR or VSTDAL (or however it spells) then i have to use the Vista DVD to repair my boot. Then once that is done, i get back to my Vista Desktop and it still have 30days to activate.

Here are my specs of my computer (is my own custom build)

MOBO: EVGA 780i Sli (132-CK-NF78-A1)
    CPU: Intel Q6700 2.67Ghz
    RAM: OZC 2GB 800Mhz (but soon receiving 4GB more)
    HDD: 2 WD Caviar with a total of 1.4TB
    GPU: EVGA 260GTX SSC
    PSU: Ultra X-Pro 750Watts

now i dont kno if you guys needed all that but i wanted everyone to know what i have. N by the way my BIOS is already up-to-date.

So, what can it be done? Remember i installed Vista on an already XP Pro computer. I want to activate this version of Vista and be capable of Dual Booting. I dont want to keep trying different methods and keep getting errors, and i most say im liking Vista Eternity 2009 lots

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    #2 offon7544, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...