Vista Boot Screen instead of W7'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PaulDesmond, Oct 20, 2009.

1. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I updated a Vista Ultimate version into a W7 ultimate and I'm still happy with this procedure.
    Since a few days, I find my old boot animation of Vista (green dots moving from left to right) instaed of the new W7 screen. Is anybody out there who has the same problem? How can I bring the new boot screen back without destroying anything in my system? I'm not sure when this problem occoured first time but I believe it appeared after some updates, which I installed recently. It also could have happened after having done some cleaning with CCleaner or W7 manager. For me it is impossible to trace back to the date of first appearence

Thanks for you attention and possible help on the above

2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #2 Mr Jinje, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Run this line for the new version

Code:
    bcdedit /set bootux standard
    This makes it Vista green bar - or BASIC

Code:
    bcdedit /set bootux basic
    This makes it a all black screen - no logo - no green bar

Code:
    bcdedit /set bootux disabled

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #3 PaulDesmond, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Sorry but this didn't help. Maybe I made a mistake, but ran it as administrator in cmd window. Please advise

4. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Set your resolution higher.
    It defaults to a basic (not Vista) loading screen if your screen is under a certain resolution.
    You may have to re-do the "bcdedit /set bootux standard" if you changed it to basic or disabled.

5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    I did a install on a dell mini 10 it does it to not a big deal to me it run fine with home pre aero works and looks good for being so small:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Sorry but I'm running my screen under default resolution set by the digital adapter for my 22" LCD monitor as was at the time when I had the original boot animation. I tried your advises several times today without any success. Perhaps this small video doesn't exist any more and system takes the one which is left over? As said: I updated from Vista to W7 and it worked at the beginning. Since a few days, I find myself in a vista like boot environment not knowing the cause for it....

7. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    I think I read somewhere the new boot logo depends on the hardware...
    I have a netbook with intel graphics card that does NOT display the new logo, I have the vista like instead...
    If so, we are screwed :(

8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Well how is this for strange then ?
    PC connected to 22" lcd monitor 1680 x 1050, iget win7 boot screen.
    PC connected to 42" plasma screen 1920 x 1080 i get vista boot screen.
    Not really that much of a cconcern but it is odd. :D :) :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. muiz

muiz MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Its not odd its cause at that point the screen has not the right resolution.
    And then it WONT show the 7 screen.

10. robi40

robi40 MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2009
    In your bios look for VGA memory, or video memory and set it at least 8MB
    It happened to me when video memory in bios was set to 1MB
    Good Luck!

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    There was a guy who made up a 7 DVD before the RTM ones were released - it was all RTM code but it came from an image not an iso. He cobbled it up with Vista boot code and made an iso which would boot using Vista's bootscreen during install but 7's when installed.

It ran fine for me for a while until one day it decided to boot using Vista's bootscreen again - never did find out why.

I downloaded one of the "untouched" DVDs and it hasn't happened since.

No help here I know but it may explain what happened to you if you used a DVD made up in the same manner.

Besides 7 is really only Vista forcefully placed on a diet.

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    My 22" monitor has the same resolution as yours but at this time, I have Vista boot animation. As said in another reply to my problem that it might be a matter of hardware, I only can say NO, because I had the new animation on my screen at the beginnig but since a while, I have the Vista style. I probably have changed or deleted something with one of the tweeking tools CCleaner or W7 manager but don't know what.

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #15 PaulDesmond, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    (OP)
    Bingo.....
    you won the the 1st price. It was in the Bios. When I started the machine using Vista, my Bios was not modded. After having installed W7, I found the new boot screen and worked with it some days. After the mod, a new Bios was flashed and the memory was set to 1 MB instead of 8MB. I changed it a minute ago into 8 and found my W7 animation. Thanks for this great help. Guess it was not only good for me but also helpfull to many other guys out there....