vista help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zombies4president, Sep 24, 2014.

1. zombies4president

zombies4president MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2014
    Hi i have a friends HP laptop that has Vista basic on it. The recovery section is ruined so i am looking for the best way to go about reinstalling the OS. I have tried to download vista iso but all the links ive tried are dead.I understand i need to make vista into a HP dvd.Is this correct or can i download and install to laptop and then enter my basic product key. I am new to this and find it a bit daunting but am willing to give it a go.Correct me if i am wrong but i gather i need to enter the vista basic PID key on a text file then add to the iso. Thanks for any help.

2. zombies4president

Jul 14, 2014
    Is this a viable option Windows Vista x86 RTM or ?

3. zombies4president

Jul 14, 2014
    I have en_windows_vista_business_sp2_x86_dvd_342321 disc. If i install this and enter my vista basic product key would it install basic?

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Vista DVD/ISOs are usually unlocked. Entering the HomeBasic product key will install the HomeBasic Edition, regardless of the ISO name. Note if you skip entering a key you need to select the correct Edition by hand on the list that appears.

If the lappy is an original OEM machine it will have at least SLIC 2.0. That means easy offline activation by using the OEM:SLP key along with the correct certificate. It also means you can install any Edition except Enterprise. :cool:

5. zombies4president

Jul 14, 2014
    thanks mate i appreciate your time