Vista Home Basic OEM help please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vistagirl, Aug 1, 2008.

1. vistagirl

vistagirl MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    Is this the one you downloaded?

Yes it is the one I downloaded and tried to install KB936330. I had it written down.

When I went to the update site and did a custom search, there were no other updates offerred to me except the SP1.

Vistagirl

2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    You don't need to have Vista licensed so you can install SP1.
    So the keys doesn't meter.

Your problem is coused by a antivirus program or incompatible drivers, like Norton Internet Security, Conexant HD Audio driver e.t.c.(there are other drivers and AV programs that interfere with the instalation of SP1)
    Check your drivers for compatibility and if there are issues uninstall them or update to the letest version.
    If you've uninstalled some uncompatible drivers before installing SP1, you can frreely install them after SP1 installation.
    Disable all AV programs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vistagirl

vistagirl MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    Hi guys

Hello again. Well I did it. I uninstalled the webcam because the update for that device wouldn`t work and everything else was up to date. I went on your links SS and installed an update and then went down to the bottom where it says: *What others are downloading* and was able to download and install a few updates and then rebooted and then SP 1 installed like a charm. I went to windows update again and it says my computer is up to date.

Wheww one problem solved. :):)

Awaiting your next step regarding the SLIC thing. :)

Thank you again for your valuable help.

Vistagirl :)