Vista Home Premium Upgrade!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Beowulf, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Hello,
    i have Vista Home Premium (Anytime Upgrade), it can be upgraded to Pro or Ultimate.
    Although i am using Winxp and Win7 in my Dual boot system.
    I have no reason what so ever to use Win Vista, but i havn't used it too less or more to get the feel of how Vista performs.
    Starting with Home Premium is a little handicapp, i want to upgrade to Pro or Ultimate if i can and see how it performs their.
    Does anyone have an upgrade key i am not asking for activation key. Please PM me if u have. :eek:

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    How is Vista currently activated? If it is OEM:SLP you should be able to upgrade using the OEM:SLP key of the target Edition.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    My motherboard is from Elitegroup and OEM:SLP doesn't have one for it.
    My method would be by MAK activation. But for that i need to upgrade it to Pro or Ultimate with the Anytime Upgrade keys.o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    The key doesn't have to be ECS, you can take any from the HomePremium section. Only the SLIC and certificate have to match. Note that you can use Daz Loader to temporarily activate using OEM:SLP.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Like u mentioned SLIC and certificate has to match, but i can run the DAZ loader too, but i am going all ethical and i just wanted an ANYTIME UPGRADE KEY for this Vista HomePremium edition. After that ,i can use the VOL key.

Dam, doesn't anyone have one.:(
    My VOl edition is getting lesser and lesser everyday.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Ethical, pah! :p
    1. Install Loader, get temporary OEM:SLP activation.
    2. Use a Business OEM-SLP key to do the Anytime Upgrade. (There is no Vista Pro, just Business).
    3. Uninstall the Loader.
    4. Insert your VOL key.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    taking a key for an upgrade isn't exactly ethical. hell the loader is more ethical, it gives you what the OEM would give you lol