Vista Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MCGamer, Sep 19, 2009.

1. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I know this problem exists with both Windows Vista and Windows 7, and I had to go through both of them, but now, I am trying to upgrade from XP to Vista and when I get to the product/version select screen while installing, I choose say Vista Ultimate, check the box, then press next, but the screen just freezes at that point.
    When I had to get around this with Windows 7, I was just told to boot from the DVD and do a clean install. Now, I am trying to install Vista to my main drive so that I can Upgrade to Win7 on the main drive.
    Is there any other way to get around this problem without booting from the DVD? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    dats very simple dude...............try dese steps
    1.Format 1st with xp (just format ur partitions dont install xp) den isert win 7 dvd nd install it.
    2.install xp nd den upgrade to win 7 or win vista
    3.a faulty bios can also be the prblm so reset ur bios settings to factory defaults

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...