Vista License expiring

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Hyunkel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Hyunkel

Hyunkel MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2008
    I've been running an activated Vista 674 Ultimate for nearly a year now and lately it has shown an evaluation copy watermark and it is now going to expire in a week o_O

Any way to get rid of the license issue?

2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Please provide more information.
    How did you activated it ?
    Have you been using some cracks ?
    I think that it is most likely that you have installed an evaluation copy of SP1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hyunkel

Hyunkel MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2008
    Might be. I just downloaded an activated copy, that was back before sp1. I'm guessing my best bet is to download an sp1 cpoy.

4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #4 petar, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
    If that is the case, it seems that the copy you downloaded had a paradox crack built in it.
    And now after installing SP1 (which might be evaluation copy as well), paradox is desabled and Vista is not activated any more.
    Try to remove all cracks using Voatktools.
    After you remove all cracks, remove SP1 if present, but check the version of SP1 before you remove it to see if it is an evaluation copy.
    Activate your Vista using Vista Loader 2.0.
    If you have removed any evaluation copy of SP1, download and install SP1 RTM.

But take note.
    That if I were you, first I would check the version of SP1 on my system, and if it is an evaluation copy i would reinstall everything with fresh copy of Vista SP1 RTM built in.
    And after the installation, I would use Vista Loader 2.0 to activete.

If you want a permanent solution hard modded bios is the way..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...