Vista loses activation after s3 sleep on GA-P35-DS4 (1.1)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nasa, Dec 11, 2007.

1. ifndef

ifndef MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
    #221 ifndef, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ifndef

ifndef MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
    Oos just saw your post!!! Thank you again and for the info as I really do want to be able to do this myself and maybe even offer assistance here once I am confident enough. This forum has been invaluable!!! Thank you for being so prompt, patient and unselfish in providing this to all.

ifndef

4. ifndef

ifndef MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
  5. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  7. michaeljtaylor

michaeljtaylor MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2008
    #228 michaeljtaylor, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
    Thank you

That was fast... thank you so much.. I will give this a try

Thanks again..

is there anything else i need to do? i flashed with the new bios and cleared cmos and rebooted but it still has activate in 30 days after resume from s3? is there anything else i need to do? should i reload vista after the bios is flasherd?

Thanks again i appreciate all your help...

Michael Taylor

8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #229 petar, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. michaeljtaylor

Sep 6, 2008
    Thank you for your help

Petar,

thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this.. unfortunately it's still not worknig... flashed the bios you uploaded, and followed the instructions you gave me as well as the post info you linked to. it still remains activation 30 days after s3 resume...

this gibabyte board is going in the garbage, I'll buy something else... too much trouble and not enough patience

Thanks again for all your time and help

Michael Taylor

10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Don't use S3..:rolleyes::D

11. michaeljtaylor

Sep 6, 2008
    no use to me

its no use to me if it dont work the way i want/need it to.... thanks again

Michael Taylor

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  13. michaeljtaylor

Sep 6, 2008
    still no luck

I'm afraid same results with this one as well... i was really hoping to get this working as i just purchased new cpu and graphics card (hd4850) however the graphics card does not work in my abit ip35 pro. well it does but i dont get a display while the system boots up (only when windows starts... no way to get into/see bios) but the graphics card works fine in this gigabyte board but now i have this issue with the activation......gotta love computers huh? nothing seems to work as it should if its not one thing it another

Thank you for helping me try and get this working... ill be keeping an eye on this thread maybe you or someone will have other ideas?

Thanks again...

Michael Taylor

14. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  15. michaeljtaylor

Sep 6, 2008
    still no good

first one still doesnt work the second one wont post past verifying dmi pool data... im going to try and do a fresh reload of the os and see if that makes a differance. I will keep you posted

Thanks

Michael Taylor

16. ultravista

ultravista MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    I am in the same situation with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R motherboard, version 9 firmware.

After Vista wakes from sleep, activation timer is running.

I have disabled sleep / hibernation for now.

What can I do?

17. zebra14

zebra14 MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    #238 zebra14, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  18. ultravista

ultravista MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    #239 ultravista, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
    Sleep / Hybernation has been disabled for now. I assum this also fixes the problem ...

There's more to this than modding the BIOS correct? Don't I need to load something through the script manager? My version of Vista uses the "vista bootloader" to turn this into an ASUS notebook.

When using the modded BIOS, is the boot loader still needed? Besides the modded BIOS, what else must I do?

I've seen "IASUS.BIN" and "ISA-GA_SP1.BIN" posted. Are they the same, if not, which one to use?

By the way, how do you like the motherboard? I bought mine from Fry's at $144 and dropped a Q6600 in it. Runs great.

19. michaeljtaylor

Sep 6, 2008
    finally its working

It is working perfectly now... even after resume from s3! it must have been something with the vista load... i went back to the original bios petar provided to me, installed fresh MSDN copy of vista sp1, ran through the rest of the procedure. and so far its working...

Petar and 911medic, thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this issue and thank you for your patience.

now i just need to learn how to mod the bios's, i have an abit Ip35 pro and an older abit IS7-g i would like to try and get working. i saw a few tutorials on modding bioses maybe ill have a look... i also saw a thread that accepts mod requests. if im feeling lucky maybe ill try it myself if not maybe i"ll make a request...

anyway thanks again guys

Michael Taylor