Vista loses activation after s3 sleep on GA-P35-DS4 (1.1)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nasa, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2009
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2009
    911Medic "lash from DOS with FLASHSPI provided. Clear cmos and load defaults after flash..

Test all bios options after flash to be sure they are working. GB has become a PITA lately..

Certs and serial link at top of all slics thread..its a sticky..

There are probably a few ASUS mods floating around, safe to say though, I dont think many GB bios make their way to asus boards...

If you need XP SLP, HP is very easy to input with dmicfg or the tattoo disk.

Feedback please!!!"

As I mentioned I am an old fart! Currently the way I install any new Bios has been of a USB stick, go into the Bios Screen and then flash it from there.

So, I will try the FlashSPI programme, and go with it.

Now, once that's done and I clear the CMOS jumper, which should reset to defaults....what does it mean in your post "Certs and Serial Link at the top of All SLics thread"?

Is it a case of once installed, I have to go into my Windows Activation window and enter a serial number from there?

Cheers, and thanks for the super-fast response!

SM

4. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2009
    Now, hopefully my last question!

In Vista 64, how do I actually launch the FLASHSPI program in a dos prompt!

Do I go to the Command Prompt menu in Accessories, or reboot and hit F8 and choose command prompt from there?

If I do that, how do I actually launch FLASHSPI...Dos is not my friend! lol.

Sorry to be a pain, I just need the guidance of you more knowledgeable folk!

Thanks onece again, SM

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2009
    #266 Spidermonkey, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    Thanks again for the quick response, almost there now!

7. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2009
    #267 Spidermonkey, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    Okay...almost there!

I'll post back after a test, thanks so-far.

Last question then as I know I must be close!

I am using Vista 64 Ultimate Edition.

Looking at the front page of stickies, I see Vista Ultimate serials listed with two numbers. One is the Windows Key, the next is lots of numbers.

Thanks for creating the F5 bios flash for me, which has flashed perfectly. What I am not sure of is the following:

Did the Bios you made, include the SLIC (I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like I need it!) in the bios file? If not, how do I install the one I need?
    Finally, I don't know which Serial key will work to Activate Vista 64 Ultimate edition. As I have a Gigabyte board, I looked for any keys that are relevant to that Manufacturer, but no-joy. So, if I choose the Asustek Product Key (not the OEM), and enter that, do I then choose Activate Windows after that?

I was honest when I said, I have no real idea on programming and dos/Bios, so please forgive what to some must seem very obvious questions!

Hope I have got it correct, thanks for all your help, SM

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  9. vindo

vindo MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    hello...

i have Gigabyte M85M-US2H with Phenom II x450 and install Vista Ultimate x64..but i can't activate my vista lisence..i tried all of activator software..but didn't work at all..

is there anyone help me? and give me a basic step to activate vista ultimate x64?

Thanks!