Vista on HD installed on different MB not genuine HElp

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jimisand, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Jimisand

Jimisand MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2014
    Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know why, I was just told this info and now have to help fix it.

Here is the scenario.

A hard drive from an eMachine computer was taken out when that Motherboard died. It was then installed in Lenevo computer, As the only HD. It works no problem.

I found out about this when asked about the vista home premium that was on the eMachine HD is now not genuine on the Lenevo computer, and a new key needs to be used.

The product key(according to system info) has one set of "numbers/letters" then OEM and a bunch more numbers/letters. example is like this. 2WE34-OEM 3ER4RE3H-T5Y64.....

So I don't know what the original product key is because of the OEM in the middle of it.

I tried windows loader v2.2.1 and it came up with "notification" as Status on the installation tab of that program. (Stating SLIC and certificate must match.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanlks,

Jimisand

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The OS asks to be reactivated because the hardware is very different (OOT - Out Of Tolerance). What happens if you just press Install in Loader 2.2.2?