Vista Password Glitch/Virus?? Help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Terminator5665, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Terminator5665

Terminator5665 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    Hi guys,
    I just went to log onto my custom build vista computer (that has been working fine for 2 or 3 months now) and tried to log in. For some reason it will not recognize my password. I had the password written down, was entering it (with out caps lock on) and it still says "invalid Password". I even tried two different keyboards and restarting my computer about 20 times. Do you guys think this is some kind of virus or a glitch? Also no one has access to my computer except me, i have not installed any new programs in the last few days. Is there anyway to restore the password without erasing my data as i do not have a restore disk (my hard drive had it preinstalled). Any help would be appreciated :)
    Thanks

2. Juan

Juan MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2008
    Similar Vista password problem

I was locked out of my admin and user accounts about a week ago. It is definitely a virus or something similar because I couldn't even successfully restore the system to an earlier time (I was still locked out). So far I cannot find anything posted on the net. I have done the following:

1. Got all my data off by using xcopy from the command prompt in my restore function (its F10 on my HP computer, but look at the list at the bottom of your opening screen on your computer).

2. Formatted the c: drive and reinstalled Windows

3. Opened up the guest account and am using this from now on (it is not password protected so I'll be sort of OK if I am hit again)

3. bokkoman

bokkoman MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Just don't use a password ?