Vista tcpip.sys and UAC Auto Patcher to increase TCP connection limits

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jaragua, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Jaragua

Jaragua MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2008
    Hello,

I am a newbie here, and need some help with the tcpip.sys Auto Patcher.

I followed all your instructions, and I am not sure it is working.

I installed ReadyDriverPlus, been tested, had a flawless restart.

I installed TweakUAC, been tested, and I have Windows Security screaming UAC is off.

I copied the InstallPatch32-18063.bat, which corresponds to my 32 bit, tcpip.sys, to c:/Windows/system32/drivers, ran it from the drivers folder, and the installation had some errors, mixed with "Succesful" notifications.

This is my main question: you suggest to change values to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\]

instructing to,

"Locate “TcpNumConnections” registry value and change its value data to number you want."

First of all, my Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 doesn't have a TcPNumConnectios registry value. The only similar value I could find was

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpMaxDataRetransmissions]

Second, I don't know what number I want. Under Value Data, the Base is Hexadecimal (ff), or Decimal (255).

What do I need to change, and to what?

After all this new additions, my laptop

OS: WVUltimate, 32bit, 4GB RAM, Intel Core Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00 GHz, 2x 100GB HDDs,

has significantly slowed down, particularly Windows Explorer, which opens very slowly, and any time I right-click on a file/folder, it goes to (Not Responding), and the window closes down after a while. Windows Explorer has almost frozen after installation of these programs, and I would have to uninstall them one by one to know which one is affecting my system.

I haven't noticed any significant increase on my IE7, or in my P2P program, uTorrent.

Your help with this issues, and any additional suggestions, will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Jaragua