VLC media player and basic set up

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by leis, Oct 3, 2013.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    This may be elementary but i'm trying to learn about the VLC media player that I downloaded with the up to date version and how would I use it in the way I had windows media player (as default, i know where to check that among the default windows 7) but in order to play a stream for instance, when i logon a broadcast show that i subscribe to, i would hit the wmp and it would open wmp, of course, and play the show...(Well that took up to 20 mins. after these windows updates recently and I'm over it...)
    The VLC has instructions that are detailed and i will definitely do a lot of learning (and reading) until i get it. But meantime, as a cheat-sheet or that is, to take a shortcut into just watching, anyone can suggest how to hook it up to just play as windows media did in the default settings to set it up there, but how does it coordinate or play the videos?

Thanks for your anticipated input (help, suggestions, etc...and let me know if further details may be useful, etc..)

Windows 7 ultimate sp1, 32 bit 400 GB ram

AMD Athlon 64x2 duel core procr. 5200+ 2.70 Ghz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...