VLK and OEMBIOS changer...

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by 911medic, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mcl

mcl MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Hi,

I have found the WindowsUpdate downloader

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Some VM the OEMBIOS.EXE will not run. the changer will physically run, but not the program to find slp. You need to be sure to have valid slp in VM bios for the changer to be of any benefit.

I am not familiar with xenserver VM, does it use a bios file??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ah-le-le

ah-le-le MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012

I just gave up on this.

1. I tried to reapply antiWPA: failed
    2. Tried uninstalling antiWPA and then tried OEMBIOS Changer again: failed
    3. Tried decompressing the OEM bios files into the Uncompressed folder instead of just putting the downloads in the Compressed folder: failed
    4. I have done repair installs before and that never changed the activation, so I did not try it this time.
    5. Clean install is not something I would do unless it was my only option.

Luckily, I remembered that this drive is a cloned drive from old hardware. Hence, I still had an old OEM XP serial number that was never used. Thus I ended up changing the serial number and using a legit OEM key.

4. vizitor

vizitor MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2013
    i recently found Windows Lenovo Xp 7 Style SP3 2011 & installed on 2 (R51, R52) ThinkPads, assuming this was just a modified Lenovo OEM installation disc. Even after editing some of the system files (explorer, ntoskrnl, msgina, logonui, etc.) & building a new disc, i still hadn't paid enough attention to realize this had been a VLK installation :kick:

your tool is excellent!

Thanks

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Glad you got it sorted out but no excuse now all the information is available you can make up your own OEM:SLP cd/dvd then you know it will be clean installation :biggrin:

6. vizitor

vizitor MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2013
    even better, i can use an existing VLK disk on our; Acer, Compaq, HP, IBM & Shuttle systems and, thanks to your exquisite work on this, NOT have to build OEM discs for each machine.
    gotta love it.

7. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I am looking to dual boot Windows 8 along with XP. Why??? Because Win8 cam with the machine and the restore files are on the drive so if I have to put the machine back at factory then I'm set to go. But then again, I'm not married to Windows 8 since to me it seems like giant malware. Everything I try to use takes me to a website to register or buy something. And I don't have touch screen so it's totally wasted crap on my drive... How does this change the process? I fear if I change the code in my bios it will void the preinstalled Win 8 installation. Am I thinking wrong?

8. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I don't think I'm smart enough to have this OEMBIOS tool, I followed your link and have been googling for hours and can't seem to find it. I also used the link in the OP and you name it. Wherever this tool is hiding, I call "ali ali in come free!!!"... Is this tool specific to manufacturer or is it a general tool for all flavors?

9. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I guess that box was the IQ test and proved itself simplistic to my vast intelligence. Thanks, that did it...

10. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I get an error saying "none will preactivate this system" when I choose 1 for XP. I take it that's not a good sign or is it?

11. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I think this is solved, looks like my laptop won't run on XP. The Ivy chipset is too new and XP doesn't have drivers so now I will give Windows 7 a try. Thanks for the help. Sony sve14135cxb is the model...

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    error has nothing to do with the ability to run the XP, only that the SLP is not present in the necessary address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. hoanglan87

hoanglan87 MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2011
    the OEMBIOS files link on first post is dead. Can anyone please reupload or send me a new links to those files? Thanks.

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  15. hoanglan87

hoanglan87 MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks. When I sign in on skydrive, all files missing. I had to log out to see them.

16. sparkyzx

sparkyzx MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2013
    Hi 911medic

Your fantastic tool helped me when i run into a super-disaster. Have since many years a HP-desktop running a XP-pro installed from an OEM-disk supplied together with the dektop.
    Recent the harddisk crashed and I bought a new one. While replacing the Harddisk it fell down and smashed the OEM-disk.
    As workaround I installed a student-version from my old university. It is an outdated VLK XPpro SP1.
    Then I updated to SP3, run Your fantastic tool and ended up with an OEM behaving identically like my old system.

many thanks
    sparkyzx

17. doomslayer

doomslayer MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2011
    This thread and the tool is the bomb! I had installed what I think was a volume version of xp media center edition 2005 and couldn't get the valid Dell OEM COA key to pass activation nor could I install the 150+ critical updates from windows update. After reading this thread, placing the OEMBios files where they belong then running the tool, voila! Upon restart, windows activated and I just finished downloading all of the updates. Thank god cause I was fearing having to do another clean install especially after fussing with all the drivers and installing a few progies. Tks in particular to 911Medic and Tito. Be well.

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    FYI, there is no volume edition of MCE 2005.

:D