VM Display Settings in Hyper-V

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by JBenal, Jul 24, 2014.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I've set up a Windows 8.1 VM under 8.1 as a test platform. Everything's working great, but I can't find one setting and it's driving me crazy. When I start the VM I get a pop-up asking me to set the display settings. I've found that if I click Save My Settings for Future Connections I can't find anywhere to later change them in the VM or in the Hyper-V manager settings. I chose a display configuration I wasn't happy with and could not find anywhere to change the configuration. Out of frustration I deleted the VM and created a new one. At this point I'm not saving my settings because I don't know how/where to change them if I want to later on. Here's a screen shot of the pop-up that I'm talking about.
    vm.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. unreal2k3

unreal2k3 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Hi,

have a look here:
    technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn282274.aspx

3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Thanks for digging that up! That's one place I had not looked and/or maybe used the wrong search terms in Google. Isn't that nice of Microsoft to store the setting in an obscure location with no means for editing within the program itself! :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...