Vm kms 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xinso, Aug 12, 2009.

1. memberjoe

memberjoe MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    How can I disable in registry to check permanently the activation status in every 120 minutes?

I read somewhere that it is possible, only I have to make some registry settings in Windows 7. (I made successful activation in Windows 7 Enterprise)

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. crazyperfect

crazyperfect MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    i've used the first kms refered on this thread, and worked

Hi all,

let me thank u for the links and support for activating w7.

Regards,
    CP

3. tublah

tublah MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    D&T.exe

I must be missing something -- what does the D&T.exe do...?

So the KMSManager resets the count back to 25 -- but I'm not sure why I'm picking a date in KMSManager...

Can someone do a KMS for dummies post??? Plz! :confused:

4. antifriz

antifriz MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Well, great job. All works as described.
    Activation problem solved until 2020....

5. noozgroop

noozgroop MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Yes, please!

6. buzzcut

buzzcut MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Dont know if this has been posted, but if you change any your hardware on the computer running the VM, the count will go to 0!. no big deal though, just extract the original vm and use that and remove the old one.:) btw, thanks for the vm!!

7. jycaisg

jycaisg MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    i can't download KMSManager-Download-Site.rar , pls help me :mad: anyone can send to my email: jycaisg@gmail.com

8. delah

delah MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    Hi guys,

I am having trouble getting the new kms vmware image to work.

i have followed the instructions to change region to Russia, time to UTC Moscow, tmp/temp file locations and run kms manager etc

I always get the 'this is not a bgenuine copy...' in bottom right corner and then 'error product key not found' when i check the kms status using the cmd shortcut on desktop

Whatever I am doing wrong appears to deactivate KMS W7 enterprise (the activated os in the vmware image)

Any ideas?

thanks

9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #69 HotCarl, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    I don't know why anyone would use Enterprise when Ultimate is so similar...and has SLP keys available for it. You can permanently activate Ultimate where Enterprise requires a mandatory reactivation every 180 days via KMS server (unless you somehow come across a valid MAK key...good luck with that)...so you have to either hope you can find a hacked KMS server online, or you have to host one in a VM (or on another PC) to reactivate every time (and you must use a "hacked" image that is set to think it already has 25 PCs connected to it to activate so it will even work...which I think is a pain in the ass compared to the "1-time" activation of Ultimate).

What is the benefit of using Enterprise over Ultimate? I am curious as there seems to be so many annoyances as far as activation goes in Enterprise...

10. delah

delah MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    I am using Pro on clients, enterprise is the kms server.
    I can't get mods for my pcs/laptop atm - I had the original kms server working but apparently it was discovered it'd be useless by the time the 180 days were up (25 clients wouldn't exist by then) the new modified kms server gets around that

I may go back to WOW if I can't figure it out - the kms solution is ideal for me though.

11. antifriz

antifriz MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Well the benefit is that you use regular activation process as designed from microsoft, no loaders, .. BIOS mods and similar cracks. I personally prefer KMS activation.

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #72 HotCarl, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    The BIOS mod method with SLP keys is a "regular" method as well...BIOS mods modify no files in the Windows 7 install, and loaders only modify the boot files (e.g. Grub loader is loaded which in turn loads Windows 7 after) so I don't consider loaders a type of cr@ck/h@ck, they are kind of a gray area...they "trick" Windows basically, but modify no files in the Windows install (besides the boot files of course). CHEW-WGA and others like it that are hacks that bypass activation requirements are the only methods that are truly not "regular". I just can't see why someone would want to go through the trouble of having a KMS server running (or run it in a VM) just to activate unless they had a lot of PCs (but then I would stil just install Ultimate on all of them and not have to worry about KMS).
    If you think using a loader or BIOS mod is a "cr@ck" (or interpret the term "cr@ck" loosely enough to include loaders and BIOS mods), then surely using a hacked KMS server (to "trick" the server into "thinking" that there are always 25 PCs connected to activate) is one as well. ;) If you don't use your own hacked server, then it is anyone's guess as to whether or not you will be able to find one online when the 180 days come up (not to say there will not be any, just they are not the easiest to come by if no one posts an IP or domain address to connect to).
    Personally, I believe that the BIOS mod method is the best, cleanest way (just a little risky is all), and loaders come in second place. I guess it is a matter of personal opinion...just seems like a lot of trouble is all for non-permanent activation... ;)

To each their own though, I am not trying to deter anyone from using Enterprise, just curious is all what other people's views on the matter is. Have a good day, and enjoy Enterprise... I just like the word Enterprise, it makes that version of Windows sound burlier for some reason. :p

13. delah

delah MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    Well, an update on this, actually not on the KMS problem but my quest for win7 activation.

I'm like one of the living dead after staying up all night and finally it was worth it!

I have successfully modded all three of the machines I wanted (including the one I bricked about a month ago when I first tried flashing)

I'm off to thank those that pointed me in the right direction.

PS KMS activation is good but I just could not get the updated instructions to work on my machine at all.

14. bertl

bertl MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    Hi!

After Win 7 activation either with loader or VM KMS is it possible to obtain Windows updates without getting this WGA crap?

thanks!

15. Lellos

Lellos MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2009
    Great post guys... Amazing help for even a newbie !!!!

I Created my english version KMS Server with the KMSManager...

Amazing work....

16. brainwave

brainwave MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Did you change the Timezone of the server to the same as your PC which you try to register.

Gr. BrainWave

17. ludaras

ludaras MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    Yep, is that a problem (0xC004f074) that reports? I didnt set it to +3h myPC and vm-KMS time, cause i try a lot of loaders as might be noticed so i'm a little bit messed up.

18. antifriz

antifriz MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    If you downloaded the K7 KMS server image from this thread than you will discover that client count has dropped to zero.

What to do?

1. Install KMS manager in K7 server as described.
    2. Set host machine time to any date from 23.08.09 to 20.09.09.
    3. Run Kms manager in K7 and deploy KMS date 22.08.09.
    4. Let VMWare to update time on KMS image to adjusted host time (eg. 15.09.09).
    5. Activate.....
    6. Update host to the current time.

19. ludaras

ludaras MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    I believe above is clear

You mean K7 (emulated KMS server W7E) set its system time to lower date than first activation date? Done that

Dont know how :eek: Date&time-[Internet time] tab .... but it will sync it with internet server. I dont think you meant that

This i hopefully know. I didnt run StatusKMS.cmd in K7 until you said it expired ... it's all red

Could you pls explain me where to sync that vmware to host. nyub to that too :D