VMware HP SLIC 2.1

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by DAPBENJAMIN, Aug 2, 2009.

1. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #41 sebus, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. Tenchi

Tenchi MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    my problem is i want to build my own VM BIOS from scrach, which i have done it and was working with slic 2.0 for vista.

but building from scrach for slic 2.1 just won't work, i even try modding the pre-modded (HP SLIC 2.1) bios found here and the link provided using my own extracted slic21.bin file from a working win7 system from a custom japanese brand. but it failed to activate vista or win7 in VM install from the system restore disc for the HW system.

reason i want to do this is because i want to clone this custom build systems into VM, which also have applications in the OS image that seem to be tied to bios locking as well, as when i use the HP bios as is, the applications won't work. but win7 / vista does activate when i replace the original Cert file to HP Certs.

however whenever i build from scratch or replace the slic 2.1 file to the one i extracted from the custom HW system, it just won't activate win7 or vista using matching certs from the restore system disc.

i have make sure that the checksum for the slic21.bin file i extracted from the HW system is correct. so i am now thinking maybe there is another checksum i need to fix when phoenix bios editor is rebuilding the bios file?

but i have search and searched, i just can't seem to find the right direction.

thanks,

3. negativeone

negativeone MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    Is there anything I can do to get this working for VMWare 7.0?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007