Votre opinion sur Windows 10*?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WIKIMACK, Jul 9, 2016.

?

1. Your opinion about Windows 10?

1. Best Windows ever! (better than Windows 7)

36.1%
  2. Good (better than Windows 8.1)

29.2%
  3. Have some cons (but not the worst)

25.0%
  4. Worst Windows ever? (worse than Windows Vista/ME)

11.1%
  5. None of the above, comment below

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    No thanks, I pass... :D

2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I've homebrewed my own copy on another drive. It formats, installs, and applies all my setting and apps in 15 - 20 minutes. Or in the time it takes for me to have dinner. ;)

I've learned enough about Windows 10 to know that I don't want to learn more. It either works or I move on. Of course it could be why my other PC's use Linux. :p

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Meh. Incrementally better than its predecessors but still just another aggravating operating system.

4. klarkkent

klarkkent MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    No offence to anyone, original poster included, but his might have been more interesting if posted in the Win 8, and or Win 7 forums. Posting it in the Win 10 forum you probably caught alot of people right in the middle of a pucker-up. :)

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #25 PhaseDoubt, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    No offense taken, but [FONT=&amp]I kind of doubt that since Windows 10 has been out for almost a year. But even if what you say is true, the poll still has validity in that it’s getting people’s opinions. Regardless of what their current circumstances are, their opinion of the moment gives a sense of the community’s collective mind and experiences.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]As far as posting in the Windows 7 or 8 sections, why would you poll a group whose main focus, within a given section, is not Windows 10? The various sections are there for a reason. If we were to follow your logic, the whole forum should be just one giant section with all manner of diverse and divergent postings.[/FONT]

6. klarkkent

klarkkent MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    No I do not think "the whole forum should be just one giant section with all manner of diverse and divergent postings", but the the chance of someone who dislikes or would never use Win 10, would be less likely to check the Win 10 forum. So a poll that has a main focus on a group that mostly like Win 10 is less likely to be valid than one taken anywhere else. I don't like or or dislike Win 10. I do think there is lots of room for improvement, but none of that has much to do with where a Win 10 poll is posted for me, I would still read it in any forum it was posted in, (and would question it in Win 7, or 8 forums as well).

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Personally, I haven't tried Windows 10 yet, because I have neither the time nor a spare PC for testing.

If and when I get a device with Windows 10, Then I'll tinker with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #28 PhaseDoubt, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    If they dislike it, then they've tried it and they will likely be looking for some sort of support or feedback option in the Windows 10 section. Why would you go to any other section to research a 10 situation? That would be like going to a food forum to research embroidery. If they've never tried it at all, how would they even have a meaningful opinion or even know what to look for? If they were thinking about trying 10, do you think they'd go to a 7 or 8 section to get opinions on 10? That just seems pointless. You, of course may do it any way you choose, but if you ask, most people research or browse sections named for the subject they have needs of one sort or another. Have you noticed the stickies in the Windows 10 section relate to Windows 10? And the stickies in the Windows 7 section relate to Windows 7? There's a reason for segregation of data, and ease of research is just one of them.

But hey, you're welcome to your opinion and I encourage you to express it.

9. klarkkent

klarkkent MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    I wasn't trying to argue, or even make any judgement on opinions. I was just comenting on how valid a poll is, as to where it is taken. I don't expect very many people who dislike Win 10 would go to this forum and read up on it, or if they are happy with Linux or Win 8 etc., would waste their time with this forum. If that is the case even to a small extent, then people who have a different opinon would not even see the poll, (sampling error, etc.).

10. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    Because french is the language of love. No, it's Italian :tasty:

11. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Can't be arsed to translate the OP! :g:

Thought the forum rule was that when posting in urdy gurdy language you are also supposed to post an English translation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  13. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Have some cons (but not the worst)

Now, if we are talking about functionality, there is nothing new compared to 7. Everything you can do in 7, exactly the same does 10. The "upgrades" are just a failed attempt to imitate Android, all in one platform, and by definition, again, its a major failure. The other "upgrades" are related to collect data to "improve" functionality:clap: yea, right. That is, because m$ wasnt begging to the govermnent to be a 'part' like apple did, but its ok, its your choice, you (might) think.

14. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  15. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    Windows 10 is the new "Facebook" of Microsoft - Facedows :D

16. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    The way I see it, it's the latest, pro's and con's and spyware, we have to deal with it:confused:o_O

17. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

you mean Farcebook. therefore Farcedows :D

18. MartinicoBreton

MartinicoBreton MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2014
    Good OS for me (Beaucoup mieux que Win 8.1)

But Vista wasn't a bad OS (as good as Windows 7 for me)