VPN service

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ultimate_live, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    I´m searching for a good FREE VPN Service, where I maybe have unlimited download. I looked for some, or they are free but have only 2 GB download each month, or you pay for it, and can download how much you want.

If exist a free vpn service with unlimited download can someone tell me which ?

And if I have to pay for it, can someone tell me which are the best and secure ones ?
    thanks

2. rr_uuuv

rr_uuuv MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    Download and install spotflux.

3. oandras

oandras MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    Use VPNium.

4. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    And what about HOTSPOT SHIELD ?

5. Schematic

Schematic MDL Junior Member

Apr 26, 2013
    "Connection logs are automatically removed every week." I think it was after 3 days, some months ago. If you dont care about privacy, and you only want to bypass some restricted websites, I think theres no problem. Actually no VPN can protect you 100%:evil:

6. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Hi again EFA11.
    After installing, I downloaded all bundles. But which of them do I need to use. Can I select between them ? Can I close the VPN connection to use my normal internet provider to surf ?

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Yeah you choose what server you want to use. You just exit the program disconnect and use regular connection when you like

8. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  9. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    looking for Free VPN Service that support VPN over ICMP
    any info?

:worthy:

10. remmy

remmy MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2011
    cyberghost has a free service with no logging, but it disconnects every 3 hours

11. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    And paid ones, which are the best and offers more servers ?
    I tried free ones, but they have a limit, disconnect, or to many adds.

12. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Which VPN service is a good one:
    CyberGhost - Hide my Ass - Spotflux - HotspotShield - Securitykiss ?

13. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    FWIW, here's some programs I tried, with my thoughts.

These are too knarly:
    openvpn-install-2.3.2-I001-i686.exe
    openvpn-gui_SourceForge.exe - this is only the front end. Open VPN has to be installed first.

SecurepointSSLVPN_ v1_SourceForge.exe - never did figure out how it worked.

ProXPN_2.5.0.exe.NG - This one recommended by Leo and steve Gibson. The free version is nagware and has severe monthly limitations, like 300K. This one costs $10.00 a month minimum so Open VPN is a much better deal.

These work fine.
    Open_vpn_privatetunnel.msi - This is a pay as you go. You get 100 meg to start, then you have to pay. I'm at 80% of the 100MB. From a cost standpoint this is probably the best way to go. You get 50 GB for $12/mo, and 100 GB for $20/mo. At this point all the servers are based in the US, and there are only a few. Performance is very good.

CyberGhost.4.7.19 is a subscription service, but has a free option, and using it shows no degradation in access. The free version limits you to a single server, that the program chooses, so performance can vary depending on which server is chose. Installation is easy, and the program runs flawlessly. There was some warnings about eMail not being routed through the tunnel, but I wasn't too sure what that was all about. So far, pretty nice. It doesn't install anything permanant, and it doesn't auto boot anything. There are several payment options.

14. cole31

cole31 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2013
    Im working for my ISP now (yeah, yeah call me a sell out lol :moon:) and i have found out from various people in my company as well as personal experience that securitykiss is probably the best one out there. For the price and bandwidth you CANNOT go wrong. My friends tried cyberghost but it slowed down their pc beyond all belief. I cannot emphasize enough how much you will enjoy security kiss. I know i have please feel free to message me if you have any questions about it or anything im always glad to help!

15. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    I tried the Extension Spotflux for Google Chrome. It works well for using. But if you want to upload any file, it starts and then the upload returns with error. Disabling Spotflux, the uploads work fine. It may be a restriction.

16. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    try zenmate
    uploads working

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. smoker7808

smoker7808 MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2014
    Try HotSpotShield