W7 Enterprise / Language Packs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PedrooNL, Aug 30, 2009.

1. PedrooNL

PedrooNL MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I have W7 Enterprise running activated, but I don't get the language packs through Windows Update.

Of course I have no problem finding what I need elsewhere and also no problem installing the language packs I need.

But on another Ulimate installation I get them through WU. Not with Enterprise.

Somebody else experiences this?

2. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Enterprise will never get Languagepacks through Windows Update.

3. DataRight

DataRight MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I have tried several times to integrate the swedish language pack into Win7 Enterprise using the great guide available in this forum, but always fail....

The retail versions: Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate, both 'standard' and E or N versions works flawlessly, but not Enterprise. It fails during install.

I'm thinking maybe there is another langpack for Enterprise available/coming, and maybe that's why it doesn't show on WU?

But since the Enterprise version is the 'company version' maybe they won't show up at all, allowing only administrators to make the desicions what to install or not?

4. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Install the enterprise and go to "Region and Language Settings" in control Panel and choose to install a new language.
    In Ultimate Edition you have 2 choices: "Launch Windows Update" and "Browse Computer or Network". In Enterprise you wont have that choise. You only can install a Languagepack if you choose a lp.cab, which you have from DVD.

5. DataRight

DataRight MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

But why can't I integrate the lp.cab into Enterprise Setup?

Or rather, the integration goes without errors, but when I try to install the 'homemade' swedish version, I get an error message. Something about a path not found.

Anyone else experienced this? As I said before all other versions work as they should, but not Enterprise. :confused: