W7 - Toshiba CERTS...Why so many ? Which one to use ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tnx, Apr 28, 2011.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi all...

Been messing making my own OEM discs for a while now.Even seem to have got making my own BIOS flash files down to a tee.
    But i usually just use Dell certs and keys..Dont know why really,just seems to be easy then i dont have to hunt new files down.

Now though I am doing a Toshiba lappy BIOS flash image and a Toshiba OEM disc and one thing is slightly puzzling me,so I thought i would ask

I have allready got,from MDL a folder with loads of W7 CERTS + BINS in and in there for the Toshiba there are a few to choose from.Four infact.

I would like to ask how do I know which one to choose or does it not really matter.As long as i use the matching BIN and CERT ?

:confused:

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    :D you got it dude, as long as they match, you are golden....

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Cheers for the reply...

Nice to get confirmation I am on the right tracks...:biggrin:

4. Tahunasky

Tahunasky MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I had problems making a toshiba win 7 boot USB stick.. because of all the different slic 2.1 with tosh.. but from what i remember.. i download they lastest bios (m300), as tosh had updated alot of their bios's with slic 2.1 (only a couple of months ago) then used the slicdumptoolkit to find out which slic it was and matched it to the xem-ms file... eg i think the m300 has a TOSQCI in the slic, so i used the TOSQCI00-TOSQCI-2.1.XRM-MS for my win 7 boot USB stick...

hope this helps !

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    There is only one SLIC 2.1 for all brands as far as I know but as with Toshiba there might be different certs.

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I did have a bit of bother with choosing the right CERT.
    The lappy owner did not want to risk the BIOS flash.So i just activated the original Windows Vista. Once i found the right CERT.
    the SLIC Tool Kit helped me out there.

The owner was happy in the end.

I would have bitten the bullet and flashed the BIOS..

Thanks for the help on this one..

7. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    when you dump your bios for your toshiba, or find one from the download site @ toshiba you could try opening it with a slic tool, then , once opened verify your cert file against it...

Fig!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Easy way is to use Slic dump toolkit it can identify what slic you need.

9. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I did use SLIC Tool Kit in the end.
    Just activated Vista in the end...

Job done now...

Cheers for all the replies..

next time i recon the SLIC Tool Kit will be the first tool to use..

10. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    check the toshiba website for a new bios for your toshiba. i have found official bios updates for 2 toshiba pc's with slic 2.1, even though the laptop originally came with vista.