W7 WGA Notice This Morning!!! HEADS UP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drably, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Hazar
    Too much to go wrong, what if the user has paths locked or changed to what they normally are and it deletes some files but not others or fails to restore a file? You could damage the system in the process more than fixing it... and as I said pkeyconfig could be updated via an MS update at some point so you would be replacing it with a backed up older version which would then sort of frankenbuild the system and cause the Orbit30 issue all over again.

I see it as it shouldn't be a loaders job to correct this issue, it should be down to the user to manually fix it (so that it will be replaced without fail) or format and do a fresh install and don't run frankenbuild tools.

What may be a convenient fix for some people now could also turn nasty down the line, you need to think a few steps ahead man! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ciger

ciger MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I want to know is it possible windows 7 gives a WGA Notice, even if the windows update is turned off completely. I have modded bios ?

3. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Same here, only i still use the lenovo key :cool:

4. dakota42784

dakota42784 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Omg

Microsoft says they're going to reposses my car if I don't remove Windows 7.

:D;):):eek:

5. dakota42784

dakota42784 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Sorry, It was a Dream

:D:D:D Sorry, It was a Dream